“Nice lunchtime spot”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stopped into the Olive Garden in Greece, NY this week for a quick lunch with my wife. It was typical Olive Garden, which means prompt service with good food, although it really doesn't vary at all from one franchise to the next.

My wife and I both had the soup and salad combination, which works very well for a quick lunchtime meal. The soup I selected was the Zuppa Tuscana, which pairs spicey sausage chunks with kale and other veggies in a creamy soup base. It was very nice! My wife, meanwhile, had the minestrone, which looks homemade and is also very tasty.

Their salad bowl is always good...greens with a healthy dose of tomatoes, olives, onions, croutons, and peppers, all smothered in the Olive Garden dressing. The also grate cheese over the top until you scream "when," which adds a nice touch as well.

The bread basket features Olive Garden's own garlic bread sticks, which are really flavorful without being overly greasy, which is nice. We usually ask them for a few extras, just to take home for later.

This was another good visit, and we will be back.

1  Thank Larry W

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not much of a "chain" restaurant goer but we were with a group and they all decided to come here. From the minute we walked in the door (the door was opened for us) the service was awesome! We were a group of 7 and it was close to closing time so it took a little while to get our cocktails but that was OK. The food was very good and was pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was very accommodating to our pickiness!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

At the beginning of our service it was not very pleasant. We had chose to sit in the bar for service but the bartender decided not to acknowledge our present it almost put a bad taste in our mouth. Overlooking him, the service we received afterwards was very pleasant and attentive. I would go back because of the service I received from the waitress who cared about her customers.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My daughter and I went to the Olive Garden in Greece NY last night for dinner. My daughter loves the smoked cheese appetizer for dinner (she is a picky eater and does not eat much). I ordered the soup and salad. I NEVER received the salad, we were told that it did not come with the soup by the waitress and that the bread sticks did not either and that was her mistake. She was very slow, and we were left sitting for 20 minutes at one time while she was running around CONFUSED. Our drinks came with our meal. I asked another waitress, and she said that "No salads do not come with the soup. Well that's funny because on the menu it states "SOUP and SALAD" to me that means they come together. So, the one that was NOT our waitress, told one of the managers and he brought us one, and told us that salad does NOT come with the SOUP. Needless to say, we did not get refills on our beverages of bread sticks! The service was DISGUSTING............NEVER AGAIN, will go to Olive Garden if this is how they are going to treat their customers. LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a nice dinner here. Open late on Saturday with was nice since we were out at seabreeze amusement park for the day. Service wasn't all that great, but the delicious food and drinks made up for it. Right across the highway from our hotel.