“Olive Garden for dinner”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #447 of 1,320 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sunday, April 21, 2013, my husband, our daughter and I had dinner here while staying in Rochester, NY. We arrived around 7pm and were seated almost immediately by a friendly attentive hostess. Our waitress was prompt and attentive without being overbearing. We ordered our drinks which were brought right away. We all had the salad and bread sticks, delicious as usual. My daughter had the Pasta Alfredo, which was hot and according to her, excellent. My husband had a pizza with meat and vegetables. It looked very appealing when served. He commented that it was filling and delicious, soft dough crust brushed with olive oil. I had the Chicken Parmigiana which was served with spaghetti on the side. The breading on the chicken was perfect, sauce and cheese on top made it delicious. We decided to order dessert to go because we were stuffed but my daughter had hers in the restaurant. She ordered the warm apple crostata with vanilla ice cream, delicious again! We took 'to go' a slice of lemon cream cake, always yummy, a slice of tiramisu (can't find a place that serves it better!) and some zeppoli with chocolate sauce for dipping. The restaurant was clean, fairly crowded for a Sunday evening but parking was not an issue. We would definitely return to this restaurant when visiting Rochester, NY again!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Within a span of a month, we ate here twice! The Lasagna was beyond words, which brought us back for more! We got to sample wine while we waited and service was excellent! I'm not a huge fan of big chains, but this place is first rate!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Let me start by saying my husband and I went for dinner and waited about 40 mins (not surprising for Rochester) and I was happy with our soup, salad and meal overall. Our waitress was nice but very rushed. We didn't see much of her. But it had been awhile since we had eaten there and it was better than we remembered.
My major beef with this restaurant stemmed from a visit a few days later, just to purchase gift cards which we give away at my workplace. I practically had to beg them to pay attention to me, and even while buying the giftcards, the bartender (you have to go to the bar to get these) completely ignored me. Absolutely no thank you or other pleasantries. Weird, right? Won't get those there again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We held a birthday party there and the service was good.
No one made reservations and there was a party of nine. They
made an effort to seat all of us at a nice table in a private location.
The food was good and the restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Olive Garden used to be "the place" to eat. It's sad, that it is changing. The temperature inside, was cold ... I had to keep my coat on during dinner. They no longer gave samples of the wine before dinner ... it was fun to have their recommendations of trying something new. The breadsticks were only warm. My food too, arrived warm instead of hot. Dinner was "ok" ... instead of 'great'. It used to always be "great" ... but, its slowly changing. It is sad.