“OMG”

Charley Brown's Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 1,274 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving hungry Rochestarians since 1967, Charley Brown's provides comfort and happiness in a casual and warm environment. We strive to impress our customers by giving them the highest degree of service possible while satisfying their tastes at fair and reasonable prices.
Rochester, NY
“OMG”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've known about Charley Brown's Restaurant for a number of years. It is practically an institution in the City of Rochester. Why I have never eaten here is unexplainable, but last night my GF and I treated ourselves to what we believed was going to be an enjoyable experience.

I made reservations for 7:30 for two but when we walked into Charley Brown's it was busy but not overcrowded. As is our custom we were early and we sat at the bar for a round of drinks and to get familiar with the place. We were served immediately and the bartender could not have been more charming.

It was immediately apparent that patrons in the restaurant were known by the staff and by name. That begins to tell you something about the place. As we were enjoying our drinks and surveying the dining room a couple of gentlemen came in an set up their musical instruments in a corner of the bar. An electronic keyboard and a flutiest and clarinet player. The music they played was highly enjoyable. Not too loud and easy to eat dinner to.

When our reservation hour approach we went to the maitre de and introduced ourselves. We were given a choice of tables in the dining room and we selected one not in the stream of foot traffic. Our waitress was charming and attentive to us immediately. Another good indication that I was going to really like this place. We placed our drink order and soon realized that the table we selected was not going to work for us. It was a large table for two but it put us so far apart that we could not converse without everyone knowing what we were saying.

We asked for another table in a room called the Patio and the maitre de accommodated our relocation enthusiastically. The table we were given was a table for four where we could sit next to one another in a quiet corner of the room. It was to say the least charming and romantic for us.

As we looked over the menu we found it had everything. From Steaks to Pasta, Seafood and Vegetarian. Many many choices, making it difficult to select just one. We settled on the Chicken Marcella and the Veal Parmesan. Our dinners were served in a matter of minutes or so it seemed and they were delicious. The portions were more than plentiful and served hot, a pet peeve of mine. I hate lukewarm food.

The whole experience just overwhelmed us. We both left feeling that we had just discovered our new favorite restaurant and it was right on our back doorstep.

So why does this fabulous place only have a handful of reviews? It does not make sense to me except for the fact that maybe people are trying to keep this place a secret so as to not become overwhelmed by people.

Well I'm not going to keep quiet about this place because this place is too good to keep quiet about.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Alain L

Rochester, NY
“Good food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The atmosphere is quaint and the food was served in generous portions. We had the prime rib which was seasoned nicely and was moist and tender. The accompanying side dishes are wonderful as well, You won't be disappointed dining here!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank DuchessofRush
Upstate New York
“GREAT food!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I live the food here. They have the best prime rib anywhere in Rochester. Order palm chips with it as they are homemade chips and so good. The salads are delicious. My husband always gets a chicken dish and is never disappointed.

1 Thank A1shopper
Caledonia, New York
“One of a kind!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great family owned restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere! The owners and staff are always friendly, and the food is consistently fabulous. I can't say enough about this place.

Visited April 2012