“Didn't disappoint”

Salena's Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Salena's Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2018

It's been a while since we've visited Salena's. We made a reservation for 7 and were seated right away. Chip-s are made fresh and were tasty as was the salsa. Food came out in a timely manner and was quite tasty, I had a the Chili Rellenos and a Burrito smothered with a delicious Mole sauce. Someone else had the Messy Nachos as a meal and was quite satisfied. My wife had a Salena's combo and refused to share.
Overall, I thought the meal was great and would consider returning.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Saturday afternoon late lunch for four people. Very attentive person who sat us, however our server did not arrive for at least 10 minutes and then another 10 minutes to get drinks. Food took an additional 20 minutes and when it arrived it was anything but tasty. Even the chips and salsa were bland. However, the Margaritas were good. Not worth the trip. But, we were hungry. We paid the price on so many levels.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

4 for dinner with a few cocktails. Service was acceptable. The enchiladas that 2 of us had were average at best. The rice and beans were
Acceptable. The shrimp fajita was not carmelized and vegetables were near raw. Normally with a long standing restaurant like Salenas I would expect something more special.

1  Thank dukeofcurd
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Salena's consistently attracts a crowd by offering good food at a reasonable price. Village Gate location upbeat and conveniently close to downtown entertainment venues.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

We came here as a recommendation and was glad we came. We were seated immediately and given chips and salsa and water. The waiter, Renaldo came shortly afterwards and took our order. He quickly brought me the spicy salsa that I requested. The salsa is just a mild spicy and not as spicy as I like. Overall it had a great flavor. The mild salsa also had a good flavor. My favorite part of the meal was the vegetarian chili rellano. It was stuffed with cheese and beans then had a layer of tomatoes, peppers and onions. I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants and have never had it like this. Very delicious! See attached photo. I had asked for chicken enchilada with the mole sauce and the green chili sauce but only received the mole sauce and the other was cheese, however, it was good too. I would’ve preferred the green chili. Our overall experience was good. The waiter was generous and very friendly.