“Good food, far from authentic”

Salena's Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Salena's Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

For starters, the salsa was excellent, and the waitress was nice, but it was all downhill from there. The jalapeño peppers were stuffed with mozzarella. They need to find a more authentic cheese, since this is a Mexican restaurant, not Italian. (Then again I doubt they use much cheese in Mexico). The burritos had potential, but they were also stuffed with mozzarella which was way too much cheese on top of the poppers and the queso. This place has a great location and the service is good, but more of a Tex-Mex, or should I say Italian-Mex.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Came here with the family and the visit started off great with the hostess smiling and being very polite. The server was fantastic. I had the pork belly tacos which were awesome. Will visit again when in NY

2  Thank Dueltravelers
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went here with a bunch of girlfriends. We made reservations because we had a large group. We were seated right away and our waitress was friendly. They have a yummy beer, an agave ale, I loved it. Everyone loved the food, I order the fish tacos which I highly suggest! It's a little pricey. We sat inside, but they do have a nice patio if you can handle the smokers, which I can't. Only negative.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Service good. Food terrible. Ordered nachos which was chips with melted cheese and lettuce thrown on it. Where's the meat etc...? I ordered a chicken burrito and that is what I got. Chicken wrapped in a tortilla. No lettuce or cheese or sour cream etc... There wasnt even parsley or some kind of something to make it look appealing on the plate-white burrito on a white plate. There were also fruit flies around the table which were a nuisance. Won't go back.

2  Thank Bigapple20
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Located in Village Gate, parking is free and ample. This is my favorite place to go. The dishes are tasty and plentiful. Great frozen margaritas. The staff are attentive and the place also has outdoor seating as weather permits.

1  Thank lovetotravelRN1961