“Nice Wednesday night!”

Mex Restaurant
Ranked #589 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

We came to Mex recently on a Wed night. We haven't been in over 2 yrs. the bartender invited us to sit at the bar and order food on this sleepy night at the restaurant. My margarita was delicious and the food was yummy! I love being able to go back to a place that's consistent.

Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

I've tried this place twice in the past year and a half. Both times, just one server for the dining room who is also assigned as the host.

The first time, we walked out after waiting 45 mins for water, without even being asked what we wanted to drink.

I thought, must have been an issue with someone calling in, but nope it just happened again. Fortunately, this time we got in before the rush so we were able to actually order food, which was not bad quality. My wife did order a salad and the ingredients were not what they described on the menu.

Will definitely not be returning. There are better Mexican restaurants in Rochester that actually make the effort to provide good service.

Reviewed January 6, 2016

We stumbled upon Mex and decided to try it. The atmosphere is not lively or overly inviting (we were there on a Wednesday), the service was a little slow (but friendly). The menu offered a variety of different options, with great specials. The menu is very inexpensive, but don't want to call it cheap as that would infer that the food was of bad quality. It was anything but. Drinks, appetizers and main dishes were all very well prepared and tasteful. Would return and recommended, which is the best review one could give.

Reviewed October 12, 2015

Went to taco Tuesday last week and decided to try all the different options with friends and we enjoyed them all especially the special taco of the week which was Indian Chicken. $2 Tecates and $2 tacos led to us leaving extremely full and with a low bill. Safe to say I will be back again

Reviewed June 13, 2015 via mobile

We decided to walk to dinner because it was such a nice night in Rochester. Stopped for a beer and we were told that Mex has Tuesday taco night that was really authentic and delicious.
First of all we were not greeted at all. We figured, no problem we will sit at the bar and order some tacos with a cerveza. We ordered chicken tacos thinking it was a safe call. Well the chicken tasted like an old boiled hen with absolutely no seasoning no flavor absolutely nothing. And guys let me tell you there is NO cheddar cheese or lettuce on an authentic taco. What a joke this place is presenting themselves as a Mexican themed restaurant. You could put lipstick on a pig and call it a date. Really? Do not waste your time or money on Tuesday taxi night. Wake up Rochester please someone help me find a good Mexican restaurant. I'm not giving up yet.......