“Good Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been to the Macaroni Grill in Rochester, New York a few times. On all the occasions we have been there the service and food have been very good. Great menu with many choices. Price is right also.

Rochester, NY
“One of my regular favorites”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Would you normally think of the Macaroni Grill for Pizza? I do! The Macaroni Grill in Rochester, NY was the first place I ever tried Brick Oven Pizza. I ordered it here the first time because I came to this restaurant not wanting Italian food. So ordered the Brick Oven Pizza and I asked for pepperoni and italian sausage which was okay.

Well the wonderful bread came first and OMG that is a meal right there. When the pizza came and I took the first bite I knew I was hooked. Damn was that good. I cannot tell you how many times I been to this restaurant, but every time I'm here I order the Brick Oven Pizza. I know I should try something else, but I can't. It is good.

On another note I like this place. I think it has one of the best atmosphere's for a restaurant. Even when it is crowded it still seems intimate. The staff are always on top of everything. Their quick and attentive. I remember for awhile the Macaroni Grill had a Eastman School of Music Opera student working there and she would sign at your table for special occasions. It would give you goose bumps just listening to her. She is sadly missed.

Acton, Massachusetts
“Started Poorly But Slightly Improved”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we arrived we gave the hostess our name and went to the bar for a drink. The entire bar area was a mess with the whole bar stacked with dishes and none of the tables were clean. Took awhile for bartender to acknowledge us as she was waiting on the one table still occupied. She only acknowledged us after we asked hostess who the bartender was and my husband asked her if we could get a drink. She apologized for the mess. Ladies room was equally a mess. There was a wine special available but she didn't tell us about it when we ordered wine. Found out about it after we sat for dinner. Server was new and clearly not fully trained on the menu as he had to keep going to ask about things and then forgot our drinks. It got better because the meal itself was excellent thankfully.

“Consistantly Delicious!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Was here recently with family and as usual it was a delightful experience. The staff is warm and friendly. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting. The food is absolutely delicious. I love the open kitchen area so you can see the chefs preparing meals, and the fireplace. Menu has a nice variety and they have great specials. Desserts are amazing. This time I had their "Lemon Passion" and it was fantastic!
I have been here many times and loved it every time.

• Visited March 2013
“Enjoyed the atmosphere”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had never been here before and a few of us decided to celebrate a friends birthday here. The atmosphere was nice- from the bar to the booths. I believe the staff was the best thing about it all. the bartender was a young guy with a great voice (tell you why in just a minute!).
I joined my friend at the bar and had a create hors d'oeuvre- feta melt and crackers (not sure what they really call it) but boy did it hit the spot and I can still remember it. That alone is reason for returning.
We met more friend and were seated quickly but it took a bit to get waited on. Then a server came over and I have to say I wish all the restaurants we went to had "Pepper" (that is her real name!). Throughout our whole time there she did a great job and made it a memorable time. At dessert, my birthday friend was serenaded to by the young bartender (in Italian). What a great job he did!
The food was good and definitely worth the moderate menu prices (not exceptional Italian food though) but I plan on going back just to enjoy the atmosphere and to taste some of the other varieties of food they offered. You can bet I will stop by the bar first and then ask for Pepper! Atmosphere is not just the bricks and mortar-- this restaurant added so much more!

• Visited March 2013