“A bit of a change of heart on MacGregors”

MacGregors' Grill & Tap Room
Ranked #285 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I wrote a review with the title of "The Dirty Secret of MacGregors". And I would like to think that my post had something to do with it (although I'm not naive to think so) because a few weeks after my review, MacGregor's started carrying more local beers. I'd like to applaud them for their decision although I'm sure that they're finding that, compared to the traffic at some of the other craft bars that do serve local fare, they're a little late to the game. That having some of the local selections sell at a much faster pace per line than out-of-town selections probably is an indicator that they should have done this before. But congrats to them for making a commitment to local lines and reaping the benefits thereof.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stopped in one Sunday afternoon for a munchie. Sat at the bar. The bartenders are super friendly and knowledgeable. Great atmosphere too. We ordered nacho's and I commented on the idea of a flight of beer like they do with wines. The bartender brought out their new flight menu! It is great!!!! We each had a different flight, which includes 6 good size tastings. Can't wait to go back and try a new one.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Dick & Tamara don't seem to care anymore
food used to be great when they first opened on Gregory ..used to be Doc's Pumphouse there 20 years ago
yes, I have patronized MacGregors that long
Jefferson Rd.
this has turned into a frozen burger college drinkin' spot

It was quite insulting to have the Bartender demand to hold a credit card to order lunch
3 Businessmen in Suits --- poor risk ...??
obviously, never again

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I went few times with friends os it's closer to rit campus, It's over all a great place to hang out and we usually spend our first around there then head home for more fun. They do have special holiday events here and there.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great roast beef sandwiches and wonderful selection of microbeers. Great service. Had dinner here 2 nights in a row and would highly recommend.