“Excellent atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I usually go to the Gates McGregors, which has less selection of beer than the Henrietta McGregors, but has a much stronger pub style atmosphere to it. Being right next to the tracks is a plus as well, since I find it relaxing to watch trains going by while I eat or drink. Being an old railroad stop adds to the atmosphere even more, and the staff is very good and attentive as well.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family went to MacGregor's on Empire Blvd on a Friday afternoon. The restaurant is looking tired and dirty. Service was SUPER slow. We waited 30 mins for 6 buffalo wings, and another 20 mins for our SALADS and a microwaved kids mac & cheese. Our drinks were empty for a while before anyone noticed. The croutons were prehistoric and the "ground beef" on the taco salad looked like dog food. The mac & cheese came with a packaged cookie which also shows the lack of effort from the kitchen. Overall this was a horrendous experience in every way, we will not be going back again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Food is always above par and service is usually very good to excellent. Great place to eat with a lot of good choices. Won't go wrong here.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've been going to MacGregor's since Gregory St. We were excited when the Empire Blvd location opened and have gone many times. It's never fantastic but the location is convenient especially for a large group. Went for a casual Father's Day dinner. The parking lot was empty but I wasn't completely surprised. We sat in the bar and we were the only party there for dinner (some were in the back dining room) at 6:30pm. Waitress was very nice and attentive. BUT from what I ordered, they were out of 3 items and she was very embarrassed. What kind of bar/restaurant runs out of diet coke??? (Also out of their "famous" pretzel rolls and sweet potato fries). They have a new menu and I ordered the "signature sandwich" roast beef with provolone on kaiser roll. It was good but very dry so I asked for a side of au jus. THEN my bill showed a charge for the 2 diet cokes I didn't get. AND they couldn't blame the crowd since it was dead. Just not consistent for food. Stick with the beer and stick to the bar.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Try the Rochester Plate! A weird local dish: "fried potatoes, baked beans, hot dogs, onions, mustard, and a chili-like meat sauce." http://americanfood.about.com/od/extremeamericancuisine/a/garplate.htm

Your doctor will NOT be amused, but it's delicious!