“Awful version of pizza”

Mark's Pizzeria
Ranked #898 of 1,329 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 26, 2013

As a transplanted New Yorker, I have a cultural expectation as to what pizza is supposed to be. This was NOT it. My brother from NY was visiting last year and we took a chance ordering a cheese pie. Really thick, bready soft "crust", lots of sweet sauce, and rubbery mozzarella. Texture- not good. Flavor- awful. My brother described it as bread and ketchup. Sorry if others find this delicious. Maybe for upstate NY this is considered normal and what I am used to being from NYC is more regional and Neopolitan but I am not willing to give it another try when I have now found places like Cam's, Pizza Stop and others who seem to be able to make it really well. Wegman's pizza is close, making a good effort at a pretty good pizza.

1  Thank terlato

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Pizza's Good for the most part. But there was one occasion in which it took them forever to deliver my pizza and then the cheese from the pizza had like slide all over the place. But that was a while ago. More so recently, the food has been good.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I think this is best pizza in Rochester. Staff always friendly and helpful. Can always get coupons off web.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Convenient hours of operation and location with a great slice for around $3.00 bucks--monster, really two pieces. My son lives at this place--as evidenced by the collection of boxes in his car. I love their pie and their ability to modify the order to fit my needs--great quality and never a disappointment. Any of the Mark's locations for that matter are just as good--properly run with quality fast food items available. Keep it up--You are a Rochester Favorite.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Mark's has great pizza and most locations have terriyaki wings which we love. Sometimes we just order the boneless terriyaki wings and have that for dinner! YUM!