“Small, pricey meal were well cooked but blandly seasoned; Desserts were fabulous.”
Review of Phillips European

Phillips European
Ranked #3 of 33 Dessert in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The meals were small portions of very subtly season ingredients that were well cooked -- too bland -- and pricey for me ($20.00 for lunch and dessert that leaves me hungry).

The decor is a disjointed mix of new wallpaper and faux distressed decorations to simulate a European cafe. The chairs however, are terribly worn, to the point that I caught my clothing on one of them. It is clearly not the result of a interior decorator (should be for these prices).

The desserts are their saving grace. They are amazing! I would recommend anyone going here skip the meal and go only for dessert and coffee!

• Visited August 2012

Fort McCoy, Florida
“Good Food, Killer Desserts”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I gave this place a try despite some of the lackluster reviews. I'm glad we did - the meals were good, maybe not the best I've ever had, but quite tasty. The potatoes and veggies were properly cooked and well seasoned, not mushy or bland. We shared the baked brie appetizer, too, which was ugly but delicious!

Even with the petite portion of my Chicken Dijon, I didn't have room for dessert, but with all the good things written about them, we got some to go, and we did not regret it. The desserts were rich and heavenly. The peanut butter torte is my new favorite thing, finally replacing peanut butter pie at the top of my list.

The server was friendly and attentive, no complaints there.

Finally, my only real complaint was the wine selection. With decent French and Italian choices on the menu, I would have hoped for some great wines - especially being so close the the Finger Lakes and Niagara Falls wineries. It seems like the owners opted to keep the wine price point low, however, so the wine choices were just.... okay. We didn't order the Yellow Tail wine because experience has taught me not to drink it, but I was pretty disappointed to see it on the menu of an otherwise good restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Rochester, NY
“A league of their own”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant has excellent food, incredible desserts and very good service. I have never been disappointed there.

• Visited November 2011
Rochester, New York
“The Best Place for Dessert in Rochester”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We go to Phillips for dessert after special events like our kids' high school graduation (it has become a family tradition). They have the best desserts in Rochester.

Visited June 2012
“Grandmas favorite place”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Service and dessert was outstanding. The food, served on old diner plates, was ok at best but definitely not worth the price charged. Sides of veggies were unseasoned and everything was plain. The salads were fresh as could be though. Paper napkins, sweet and low and sugar holders on table, neons in window, old carpeting,fixtures, decor are not what I expected when I saw $25 entrees on the online menu. Great place to visit once your retired probably.