“Great desserts”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Great desserts”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

They have the best desserts in town. You can go in and just order a few slices of cake and bring them home. Not cheap but the desserts are good portions and quite rich. You can easily share each piece and not feel cheated.

Rochester, NY
“Just desserts”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

As others have pointed out the strength here is dessert which is absolutely true. It has been a few years since our last visit and now we remember why - the food is just ok esp. for the price. Nothing special unlike the desserts which are excellent. The chicken french was good but unremarkable as was the poached salmon despite the vodka brie sauce. The seafood bisque was tasty though a bit overly thickened. Finally if your looking for a place with a young energetic vibe this is not the place, that is, the crowd is heavy on seniors.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Fondue4two
Rochester, New York
“Dinner? BUT defenitly DESSERT”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had dinner there once and I think I just made a poor meal selection and we less then impressed, HOWEVER dessert there never leaves me underwhelmed!

Visited October 2011
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Solid food, great desserts, a bit pricey for quality of main entrees”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Overall, I thought the food was quite good. Go here for the desserts, I kid you not. Eat light during the entree. The salads and soups were good, I would rate the Tournedos as good to very good. I tried the German Chocolate Cake, the Austrian Torte, and both were very, very good. Cost for 3 adults, 3 kids was 270 dollars (no bottles of wine, just by the glass). I'd say the cost was a bit high for the main dish, but was happy to pay that for the desserts.
Service was very good, timed right, food served hot. The atmosphere is disconcerting from the outside as it's in a strip mall, but when you get in, it's a very large restaurant serving good Italian and continental cuisine.
Last but not least, no kids menu, but they were more than accommodating, which I sincerely appreciated for my 8 year old.

• Visited April 2012
Clinton
“Great meal, great service, great dessert”
Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I had a delicious meal there. I had one of the specials...sole and scallop "French" (as they say in Rochester). It was delicious. Even the vegetable sides were great. My friend had chicken frennch which she also liked. We were both too full for dessert, so we brought them home for later. My fruit tart was delicious. The German chocolate cake promises to be just as tasty.