“Very disappointed”

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My date and I went there for a birthday drink at around 8pm 10/26/12. We chose this place because I remembered how much I loved the bar area and laid-back atmosphere. When we sat down a server gave us a funny look, as if to be exasperated. There were many open tables in the restaurant area. We then noticed the dirty dishes in a large dish pan in front of us (but behind the bar) and many empty dirty glasses and dishes on the bar itself. The place looked as if there were not enough staff available to clean up after everyone. The bar tender was pleasant enough however we decided to leave before ordering drinks. The thought of looking at dirty dishes and glasses while paying $8-$10 each for a glass of wine did not appeal to us. There are so many other great places in Rochester I don't think we'll be back. It's sad because the building is so beautiful.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LH14617

washington dc
“Inventive Food and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Bamba Bistro is in the same location as the original Bamba Club--a Rochester institution. We joined another couple for dinner and it was their recommendation. Having traveled all over the world, they were 'concerned' about recommending a restaurant, but we were very impressed with the Bamba Bistro. The service was impeccable, the food was inventive--I have never heard of or tried French Gnoochi--amazing. The wine list was extensive and varied. All in all, I highly recommend Bamba Bistro

Visited August 2012
Rochester, New York, United States
“terrible business luncheon”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went in for lunch with a group of 10, service was lagging and food was terrible. The ambiance is very nice but no where worth the money.

• Visited June 2012
Henrietta, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very nice atmosphere. It was not busy and apparently today was the first day with a new menu. Waitress did not know menu and seemed a bit abrupt. Bread selection good and warm. Salad small with little mango/citrus, squash soup was very good. Steak overcooked, not hot and vegetables considerably underdone. Overall the food was a disappointment for the price. Also, you would expect more personable service. Dessert menu with the standard fare of lava cake, ice cream and creme brulee. Bomba parfait was a nice addition, blueberries very sweet and chewy. Having worked in the food industry, I am generally forgiving but things were just too off there tonight.

• Visited March 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The last time I ate their it was not great.”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

The last time I ate their it was not great.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook