“Tried again, average once again”
Review of The Beale - CLOSED

The Beale
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Tried again, average once again”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have to say that we usually go here on Sat night for live music and drinks. I have eaten at this location several times and usually leave with an "okay" feeling about the food/price for my meal. I am never disappointed with the bar area, it's just that the menu seldom changes and the old stand-bys are just that. I'm waiting for a jump start to the old favorites to make it a much more authentic experience. Too many fried items on the menu.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Travelpapi153

Webster, New York
“The Webster Location”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Its been about a year since I've been there with my family, looking forward to the Cajun/Texas cuisine, so my son and I went one night and the next night we went back with the family. The first night I had the brisket sandwich and red beans and rice, very tasty and enjoyable. The second night had the beef and BBQ sauce, what a major disappointment.

Asked the waitress what happened and she said that owner changed the smoked brisket to roast beef......In my opinion, this was a big mistake, if your going to be a Cajun/Texas cuisine restaurant, then be one. There is no replacement for smoked brisket.....

My whole family was disappointed with their meals and am not sure I will go back if ever, I know my wife won't.

Let me finish with this, the staff at The Beale was outstanding and friendly.... to bad the food was such a disappointment.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Fun Place, Pricey, OK Barbecue”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beale's is a fun place and is in a terrific city location. It is definitely worth a visit for a beer at the bar, especially in the afternoon when the crowd is low. But the food really isn't worth the wait it takes to get a table. Absolutely nothing special about it at all. It might be worth the price because of the atmosphere there. It is a really fun place to visit. Expect a crowd in the evening - can be absolutely packed standing room only.

Visited February 2012
“Will Never Go Back!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten at the Beale numerous times over the last 4-5 years. We drove from the Buffalo area to meet family who live very close to the Beale and eat there more frequently. My complaint narrows down to one specific thing, although our meals were not as good as in the past. We have gotten the cornbread many times over the years and ordered extra to take home as it is wonderful. This time it was different, thinner and with a sugary crust, and when our cousin who is diabetic asked Rachel our waitress about it, 3-4 times, she said "it had always been that way.". We asked to see the chef but he was "too busy", and another waitress who had been there four months repeated the "always been that way.". 3/4 of us knew having eaten there many times a year for the last 4-5 years that this was not the case. This could have been solved very easily by just taking it, what $3-4 off our bill, but we were basically blown off by the staff and decided there are other similar places in the Rochester area where we will go to in the future.

1 Thank Boombah49
Rochester, NY
“Service was great”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Unfortunately, half of the food was room temp. at best

Visited June 2012