“summer time restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Rochester, New York
“summer time restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

good food, nice area, Tom the manager is excellent. go during summer and sit outside to experience the area.

Canandaigua, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Locals Know Where It's At - Here.”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Esan is easy to miss, but once you've been there, impossible to pass by. Excellent food, friendly and efficient service, and an authentic menu that goes far beyond your typical American Thai dishes. This place is tiny in a great way - its cozy feel is one of its best attributes. I'll never forget my first time here: I asked to use the restroom and I was directed down a hallway past the kitchen in what looked like someone's home. I looked into the kitchen and was surprised to see a single older Thai woman chopping heaps of fresh vegetables. It doesn't get much more personal and less commercial than that. I've never had a bad meal and I will continue to frequent this special find. I highly recommend the soups - get them spicy if you can handle it!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Kara D
Hilton
“Best Thai restaurant in the city”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Excellent dishes all around. The normal menu is very good but, the specials are really a cut above what most other places are capable of. Eaten there ever since I've moved to Rochester 6 years ago and it's one of my favorite places. The Tom Yum soup and Paradise chicken are some of the best dishes I've ever eaten.

Penfield, New York
“My vote for best Thai restaurant in town. Small, but that adds to the experience. Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very nice takeout. Some...”
Reviewed December 21, 2007

Very nice takeout. Some seating. Good spring rolls.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook