“Good food, neighborhood atmosphere and attentive service.”

Grinnell's Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since the 60's, Grinnell's restaurant has been a staple in Rochester. We take pride in our tried and tested cuisine, and our chefs are experts in their craft. As a family own business, we know how treat guests, and only accept the highest standards of service from our staff. A dining experience at Grinnell's is a stress free environment, where delicious cuisine, friendly staff and storied history all serve as a backdrop for you to create memories.
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Although our waiter looked about 12, he was attentive, polite and gave us good service. The menus isn't extensive, but we had 4 different entrees and everyone was pleased with their meals. My friend got a complimentary piece of cheesecake with a candle for her birthday, which was a nice touch.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a pleasure to be greeted by our host Rick at the front door. My wife and I were enjoying a quiet, child-free weekend away from the usual routine and Grinnell's certainly delivered. I enjoyed the chicken Marsala and my wife chose her special treat, crab legs. It was a bustling, friendly atmosphere. Lots of families and friends enjoying a pleasant evening out at a local, non-chain, family-owned restaurant. First time visit for us. We will try them again if life ever leads us through Rochester in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We googled "best crab legs in Rochester" and Grinnell's came up in the first spot. We were not disappointed!! Service was top shelf and food was incredible. We will certainly be back!!

1  Thank Tristan_Ludlow16
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have visited this restaurant frequently this past year. It offers superior service, delicious menu, and the convenience of valet parking. When arriving, you receive a friendly greeting. The restaurant is dimly lit and has a relaxing ambiance. Dinners are served with choice of salad, soup, entree, side and ice cream for dessert. Whether you order a steak or a seafood item, each menu item is cooked to perfection. Salads are served table side so that you may dress it however you want to. Garlic bread is also served with dinner. A full bar is available as well. It is my favorite Rochester restaurant. My favorite is the lobster tail which is baked to perfection. My husband has ordered steak the last two visits and states it was cooked to order perfectly.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you choose to park on your own, you have to find a spot across the street or down the road. The interior is tastefully decorated. The wait staff was exceptional. We had roasted peppers and artichoke french for appetizers and they were delicious. The garlic bread left a lot to be desired - it was dry and flavorless. Our baked potatoes were gritty. The prime rib and chicken french were delicious. The fish was overcooked. Menu prices seemed a bit high for the overall quality. We were part of a party group but with considering that, Grinnell's needs improvement before I would choose to dine there, again.