“Good food, just be prepared to wait!”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,363 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We heard from many people that this was a great place for BBQ so we decided to give it a try. At 7:00 PM on a Tuesday, we didn’t think it would be that busy. Wrong. We had to wait over an hour for our table and we didn’t get our food until almost 9:00 PM. It was good, but I was no longer enjoying myself or the atmosphere by the time we were served. I’ll be back. I hear they are opening on in Baltimore near where I work so I will just need to plan ahead next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We went with out-of-town guests and we were a group of 4 adults and 3 kids. There was a 45 minute wait but a walk around the area and views of the dramatic dam kept everyone entertained. Waiting inside with the kids was difficult because the servers move through the waiting area with huge trays of hot food. The kids loved the atmosphere and the noise factor lessened quite a bit by the time we were seated. The food was good and our waiter was excellent. I would go back again but the food wouldn't be the determining factor.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went here on a Monday night with very high expectations.
It's got a great view of the Genesee R over and has a very quaint feel
I chose to dine at the bar as I was alone and feel more comfortable there.
The bartenders we very attractive and very prompt
I ordered the brisket platter with Mac n cheese along with collard greens.
First time eating collard greens and I actually like them a lot.
The Mac and cheese were excellent and the Brisket was perfect
A cold beer completed a fantastic meal

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Great place... Great food. and down to earth people serving ... A large variety of beers from all over the globe..!!! Impressive.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've heard many good things about Dinosaur BBQ from many forums on the internet and our intention was to try it on our road trip. We had originally intended to try the original location in Syracuse but scheduling conflicts did not allow this. We "settled" for the Rochester location but they certianly did not disappoint.

We arrived at 8:00 PM for a later dinner but still had to wait about 25 mins for a table. Certainly not a unreasonable amount of time and our table was ready when promised.

Service was friendly and efficient. We ordered the the Honey BBQ jumbo chicken wings, chopped salad and Tres Ninos platter.

The chopped salad was not anything special but certainly fresh enough for a BBQ joint. The chicken wings were a good size and remained moist and tasty.

The Tres Ninos platter was fantastic. From the brisket to the pulled pork to the ribs, everything had a great smoky flavour but remained moist and tender! The sauce was smoky with a hint of sweetness. I don't like my BBQ sauce too sweet or tart and it was a good mix of both.

We ordered cornbread, mac and cheese and coleslaw as our sides. Cornbread was good and not too dry. Mac and cheese was very creamy with a slight kick to it, very good and rich! Didn't care for the coleslaw too much as it was creamier in consistency than we are accustomed to.

Still, it was a fantastic if not heavy meal to end the day!

1  Thank ChiroDoc