“BBQ awesomeness!”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,387 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Awesome place for BBQ and smoked meat! Atmosphere is fun and food is amazing! A must when you are in the area! Nestled along the river/waterfall, cool location!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food is always very good, the place is bustling and they have live music at times. My friends and I usually get several different "dinner plates" put all of them in the center and sample off of them. Portions are good and service is pretty good as well, most of the time. It gets busy and every now and then you have to wait a bit.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Recently attending the Rochester Jazz Festival I had the chance to drop into the dianasour Glad I did. The ribs are great. I also enjoyed the collards and Beans. When. In Roc again I will be sure to drop in

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The only reason the BBQ didn't get a 5+ was atmosphere. Don't get me wrong - nice tables, booths, decor - a bit loud, but that was expected. BUT - it was ridiculously hot! I was excited to get a booth with a view of the water, but by the time our entrees came, we were melting! My son had to step outside to get air after food arrived (and we didn't arrive until 8:30 PM)! I guess I understand the difficulties of a/c with that much cooking on site - but then open the windows & invite a breeze!
My son was so uncomfortable, we immediately packed up the food to take to our hotel where we could cool off.
The true shame is that the temp of the restaurant hangs over absolutely delicious food! I'm not big on BBQ, but my son loves to try them. Our waitress (? Danielle?)was absolutely fabulous - patient with the newbies- very sweet, honest suggestions, and attentive. We got the appetizer sampler for 2 - we cleaned the plate! Delicious shrimp, deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes (the best I've had), & wings. We ordered the ?Ginger sarrocco? sauce- perfectly cooked, & sauce to die for. Wanted to order some to go, but we forgot when we had to pack up & leave. We both ordered samplers, my son's was ribs, brisket, & spicy sausage. I chose pulled pork, ribs, brisket. Loved everything but the ribs, which so many bragged about. Guess we got a bad batch - mine was caked with a fatty layer - but when I mentioned this to our waitress, she immediately brought back a new serving.
Desserts sounded too good to pass up, so we got key lime pie & rasberry pie to go - both were incredibly delicious!
LOVED the food, but stay away on a hot day!

LindsayLuck, Manager at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with the heat in the building. Thank you for letting us know! We will send your message to the management. Please note this is not normal.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stopped here for lunch this past Saturday. The bbq was excellent. I had a combination platter with pork, beef brisket, and ribs. Sides were beans and beer cheddar soup. The soup was great and not something you get at too many places. All the bbq was good but I liked the pulled pork the best. Very tender and I liked the way it was shredded. The bbq sauce is very tasty. Our server did a great job and took care of all of our needs without being asked. aka drink refills. It was a fun atmosphere with all kinds of things on the walls and there was one room that overlooked the town waterfalls/viaduct. Definitely recommend eating here if you are in the area.