“Wow, Wow, Wow”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,366 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Okay, it is a bar-b-que place. Sort of noisy and a bit rough around the edges. Definitely Road House ambiance but..... the meal was OUTSTANDING.
The ribs, brisket and pulled pork are very good. Probably better than average for a pub/road house/bar. The sides were amazing.

The soup of the day was creamed roasted pablano pepper. It was one of the best tasting bowls of soup that I have ever eaten. anywhere in the world, including France, Vienna etc.

The mac and cheese was super duper, the slaw was great. I could have made dinner just on the corn bread. My wife thought the beans were to die for.

Everything is made in house and so we tired the cheese cake, oh my goodness. The cheese cake was better than most cakes from fancy dessert places.
I service was very good and the value for money was out standing. The meal was so good it would make it worth coming back to Rochester just for the food.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The food was delicious and a great value for the money. Service was not great. The place was crowded and the servers did not seem to have time to wait on you. You got your food but had to beg for more service.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

There are a lot of better places than this - I think some folks get tricked out on the ambiance, atmosphere, supposed reputation, live music and the like - I am strictly into the food. The food is OK - certainly not bad. Personally I like Alex's Place in Batavia or Taste of Texas in Spencerport and I would even say Sticky Lips is a bit better. Have fun Chowin.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

BBQ and sides are delicious. Has a bit of a honky-tonk atmosphere. Also a great place for take-out, but parking is a bit of a chore.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

First off, the BBQ and food were great. This was not a surprise as I have had Dinosaur BBQ from Troy; plus, would all these Tripadvisor's lie? As others have pointed out, you need to know what to expect when going here. It is often busy and definitely has a bar feel to it. I definitely noticed that some seating areas were much better than others. We were seated in a bar like area; I say others sitting at tables with a view to the outside which I think were probably much nicer and if I were to do again, I think it would be worth the wait for one of those tables. Also, first timers should also be aware that there is no "restaurant" parking, but there seemed to be sufficient public pay parking in the area once we figured that out. As weird as it may sound, we also had minor confusion figuring out how to get into the restaurant - we entered the bar I believe (still not sure) at one point - eventually we arrived at the hostess desk. Another tip I would suggest is to look at their menu before going to get a better idea what you might want. It is dimly lit (and I'll confess that I should have glasses) so between the lighting and the folksy styling of the menu I wish I had more time to figure that out. Regardless, I loved it and hope to get to go again.