We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Cool and Casual”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,363 Restaurants in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence
Price range: $10 - $15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've dined here twice each time I visited Rochester. I highly recommend it for a cool, casual dinner or lunch. The food is really good, and I like the beer flights. A great value, too!

Thank Renee0926
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)
Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Language
  • More languages

1,386 - 1,390 of 2,046 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I returned to the DInosaur with out-of-town guests. Once again, it did not disappoint! I had the rib, chicken and briscuit combo. It was mouth watering. I tried a side a that I have never had, the collard greens. It was a real treat! The service was excellent and the food could not be better. There were enough left overs from the large portions that I was able to have 2 more lunches out of it. It is worth the trip!

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank packmybags88
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Part of the fun of eating here, is that it is located in an old railroad station. Food is plentiful and delicious and serves some top quality barbecue.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank JFHHMH
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Well, I was in Rochester for a short trip and found myself downtown in the late evening and I was just walking around, looking for anything open, and was about to give up when I detected the smell of BBQ smoke in the air. I followed the trail around a corner, saw some lights, and literally stumbled upon the Dinosaur BBQ.

I am a BBQ freak, and search it out near and far, particularly when I am in the BBQ belt, of which Rochester would normally NOT be on the radar screen. But not only was there BBQ, there was also a top notch beer selection of high-quality micro-brew beer on tap. This is the makings of potential heaven in my world, but it still comes down to the Q.

I decided to go with the Tres Hombres combo where I got some ribs, pork and beef brisket. I am very selective about both the way that the Q is cooked as well as the sauce. Both were done very, very well. IMHO, roughly 95% of BBQ sucks, and the other 5% is hard to find. This was part of the 5%. It was really smoked, and you could taste it. Nice bronze on the ribs, I likee the brisket a little more than the pork, probably because I prefer my pork to be chopped in rough chunks, rather than sliced. The sauce, with a little mixing, nicely complemented the Q.

The beer selection is probably the best I have seen in a place where i would happily go back for the Q. Sadly, it is not a common match-up, but it is here. To top thing off, in a small town, they were open past 1:00 am at night on the weekend. Enjoy

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank Truffled
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

great bar area with live music on the weekends. lots of fun and the food is very good. We had the feast for two. Steak, ribs and chicken with two sides a piece. the sauces are really good. lots of selections. It is crowded so be prepared to wait. Bathrooms were filthy though, sort of overlooked it because of the crowd. They just opened one in Buffalo NY. Can't wait to try that one.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank xenchick
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Dinosaur Bar-B-Que also viewed

Rochester, Finger Lakes
Rochester, Finger Lakes
 
Rochester, Finger Lakes
Rochester, Finger Lakes
 
Rochester, Finger Lakes
Rochester, Finger Lakes
 

Been to Dinosaur Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing