“Full restaurant, full bellys!”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is always busy. They do have a large crowded bar where you can enjoy a beers or 2 while you wait for your table. I found the wait was as promised and the food was pretty good, although I didn't think there was a lot of choice but the portions were large. You can't beat the location by the river in downtown Rochester. I would say the service was average. It was fast enough but never did get that "thanks for coming hope you come again" feeling. Sure doesn't hurt there business though. Worth checking out.

There are newer reviews for Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Visiting from the south while my daughter auditions at Eastman School of Music and never expected that while in Rochester NY I would find a great rib joint. Surprised is an understatement. The ribs were excellent and the portions were sizable. Don't feel that every member of your party needs to order an entry, there is plenty of food to share. While the ribs are great, we tried the four item "Swag" sampler and it was a great way to get a feel for this place and what it has to offer. The barbecued wings were spicy, nicely grilled and tender. The spicy shrimp were cool and refreshing. The Cajun deviled eggs were creamy with a kick and the fried green tomatoes were excellent! The ribs were tender and I think done with a rub style. You get two sides and the we got the A.K. Chili which was meaty and nicely finished with cheese and other toppings, while the spicy collard greens with were just as described. Mildly spicy greens with lots of pork. This place has a full bar and numerous micro brewed beers. I got a 4 beer flight (I think it was called the Flight of Fantasy, but not certain). All the beers had distinctive tastes but my favorite by far was the Scotch Ale. Don't be put off by the dark color as I was. This beer finishes very smooth with no after taste. The place has a worn friendly down home feel like a comfortable pair of boots. The service was efficient and friendly provided by service staff that clearly knew what they were doing. This is a can't miss stop. You will enjoy it.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The atmosphere is definitely "biker bar" style - super casual and laid back. The food (pulled pork, chicken, fried green tomatoes) was okay, nothing great, but the price is reasonable and the portion size is decent. Service was slow (empty glasses sat empty, took a while for our server to ask if we wanted refills) and we were just brought the check after our meals and not asked if we wanted dessert. (which we would have ordered.) The women's restroom was surprisingly clean and well-maintained.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Service was slow but the food was tasty. I tried the sampler platter which included brisket and chicken and both were great. However Dinosaur is not a quiet place

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Once again we had a great meal at the Dinosaur BBQ. We tried to get in at 6pm on Saturday night but there was a wait of 1 to 1.5 hours. (We were told it can be much longer!) As much as we love the food we decided to come back on Sunday for lunch when it was much less crowded. The staff are all friendly and the food is amazing. This is a regular stop for us when in Rochester.