“Huge portions, spicy everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,269 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto Canada
“Huge portions, spicy everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Service was excellent, even on a busy Thurs dinner time. Our server was very personable and friendly, and accommodating. Ribs and chicken were great. Brisket was so-so. For some reason all of the sides we chose were spicy (Mac & Cheese, Beans, Rice & beans). These were sides we chose thinking the little kids could eat, but all were oddly spicy. Tasty, but not expected.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Best BBQ North of the Mason Dixon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This place has great food, great beer & great service. Ribs were good, but the brisket could compete with some of the best I've ever tried. Atmosphere is laid back as well. I'll definitely visit here next time I'm in town

• Visited August 2013
“Great Food! A littely noisy, warm and inconvenient....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stopped in for dinner with 3 others on a business trip. 3 of us had to wait for the 4th and they wouldn't seat us until the 4th arrived. I found this to be inconvenient and uncomfortable. We had to stand near the bar waiting for about 15 minutes when we should have been sitting at a table enjoying a beer. When the 4th arrived we were seated immediately at a window table with a view of the river and the dam. It was overly warm in the area where we sat and excessively noisey due to a loud large party adjancent to us. The waitress was pleasant, efficient, and quicky provided very good service. However she failed to mention that we could open the window next to our table to provide a cool breeze even though she also mentioned that it was warm in our area. We discovered we could open the window after we had finished eating. I ordered the pulled pork and brisquet combo which was excellent. I also had an onion and sausage soup which was very good. It was a very good meal for $15. Everyone else at the table found the food to be very good. All in all it was a very good experience but could have been better if the window had been open and we had been seated when we arrvived.

• Visited August 2013
Webster, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Gotta Eat Here Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

You will bust your gut with the BBQ ribs. So tender and tasty. Get the Smoked Mac & Cheese too. Then wash it down with one of the 24 beers that they have on tap! Warning though, we stopped in around 8pm on a Wednesday night and there was over an hour wait!

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am not a fan of bar-b-que, however, this place was WONDERFUL!
The wait was a bit long, but well worth it.
The fried green tomatoes were to die for. I had the brisket (sans sauce), fruit, and mac n cheese, which were also exquisite. My mother had the ribs, and my father the same. Everyone really enjoyed their food, and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating, and didn't look at me sideways when I asked for my brisket without bar-b-que sauce. Highly recommended. Very delicious stop in downtown Rochester!

Visited June 2013