“Number ONE for a Reason”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wow, we sent one day in Rochester, and ate here twice; it's that good. The service is top shelf, the food was lightening fast, and the beer was cold. We went to the Party in the Park in Rochester (basically just a parking lot) to watch the great Canadian band, Great Big Sea. They even did a shout out on stage stating "this is the best BBQ in the world".

This is a classic, amazing restaurant. If you are anywhere near Rochester, please visit this location. You will love it too.

1  Thank leafs1967
There are newer reviews for Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really delicious Bar-B-Que, there were four in our party, we each a a different entree so we could sample the food. Each dish we tasted was enjoyed by all in our party. The restaurant is on the river so the window view was nice, bar was very busy and the noise level fairly high, the wait to get in was about 30 minutes and we were told 15-20, but due to how busy it was it was okay. The waitress was helpful and there when we needed her, the order came out promptly. Over all we would go back often.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I went to this place in July because we have never been and heard we have to go (hype). Food was different, the Mac salad had a dill flavor, The ribs were too red (raw) for my taste and well done on the outside. Had the NE clam chowder which had a different flavor (sage??). The two things I liked was the brisket and smoked sausage. Parking was a bit difficult (unless I owned a loud Harley). Members of the "Brotherhood" showed up. The place was very loud, too loud. The staff was very good.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My son wanted to share one of his great finds with me. He really hyped it up and he was right on. This place is fantastic! They give you very generous portions of fabulous food and the service was great too. The place is very popular so be prepared to wait but it will be well with it!

1  Thank celebr8life
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit wary when I saw this as the first choice on TripAdvisor for restaurants in Rochester. A quick survey of the locals put that worry to rest. All together there was 6 of us and one child. The food and craft beers were fantastic. There was a real smokiness to the pork ribs which I've never had anywhere else. the portions are huge and between all of us we managed to polish off 2 full racks of pork ribs and 20 chicken wings. The accompanying cornbread and black beans and rice we're also to die for. The restaurant also has a great view of the Genesee River. We like this place so much that we were discussing of making a trip to Rochester just to eat at Dinosaur barbeque.

1  Thank Sankoshy