“Oh my...come very hungry!”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
SD, USA
“Oh my...come very hungry!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My son wanted to share one of his great finds with me. He really hyped it up and he was right on. This place is fantastic! They give you very generous portions of fabulous food and the service was great too. The place is very popular so be prepared to wait but it will be well with it!

1 Thank celebr8life

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Classic American barbecue joint”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit wary when I saw this as the first choice on TripAdvisor for restaurants in Rochester. A quick survey of the locals put that worry to rest. All together there was 6 of us and one child. The food and craft beers were fantastic. There was a real smokiness to the pork ribs which I've never had anywhere else. the portions are huge and between all of us we managed to polish off 2 full racks of pork ribs and 20 chicken wings. The accompanying cornbread and black beans and rice we're also to die for. The restaurant also has a great view of the Genesee River. We like this place so much that we were discussing of making a trip to Rochester just to eat at Dinosaur barbeque.

1 Thank Sankoshy
New York City, New York
“Great BBQ and Beers!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Favorite stop on our weekend trips to Rochester visiting my brother at school. Great selection of beers for super cheap! Portions are big. Consider ordering a few things and sharing so you can taste it all!

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Great flavour and portions!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I read the reviews here and had to try out Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. When I saw one of the photos here with all the bikers outside, I thought it was just a biker convention, but nope! There are some bikers, but also lots of families and friends just hanging out. The wait was about 45 minutes at 7pm on a Sunday night. We parked at the municipal lot across the canal. The flavours are REALLY REALLY good and my ribs were melt-in-your-mouth! My child was also well entertained with the kids menu paper they provided which had a dinosaur on the back for her to colour (crayons provided). The kids menu had ample selection and was well priced at $5.95 which includes an entree and two sides.

Indianapolis, IN
“Awesome food at reasonable price”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thank goodness we took the advice of an Eastman House technician when my daughter and I visited Rochester. Although parking was a little less convenient that we would have liked with us parking down the street and across a bridge since the restaurant has on street parking and no lot, the food itself was tasty as well as priced just right. My daughter tried the pulled pork and brisket meal complete with two huge sides and cornbread while I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with two sides. I didn't really want a sandwich, but I wasn't over-the-top hungry so I opted to eat the pulled pork without the bun. The portion was perfect for me. With two soft drinks and two meals, our bill came to $31 plus tip. The food was tasty with various sauces available, and our server was attentive even though the restaurant was packed with a wait (on a Tuesday night). Another wonderful aspect of the meal was the view. Our booth overlooked the river, and that added to the overall enjoyment. If visiting Rochester, you should check out Dinosaur BBQ. While the name suggests a kids land, the restaurant itself is far from that.