“Worth the wait”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,313 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went on a Sat evening, not knowing the city was hosting college hockey games. Very crowered & they said 1 1/2-2 hr. We drove from Buffalo (1 1/2 hrs) so we expected to wait. Went to upstairs bar, (only beer & wine) to wait for the rest of our 8 party group. it was busy, but we didn't mind. We got to our table with in 1 1/2 hours, so we were happy. The food was just great & the waitress Suzie, was wonderful. We had a baby with us & she went out of her way to make him comfy. We had great food, drinks & fun.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was referred to this restaurant by my brother who is a flight attendant & always eats at Dinosaur when he is in Rochester. I had the original BBQ pork sandwich with mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. The food was excellent & the service too. It wasn't too hard to find a parking spot which is good since it is located in downtown Rochester. I will definitely be back the next time I am in Rochester.

1  Thank Bleinenbach407
Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you like BBQ food, this is the place to go! The service is super quick and the BBQ is excellent. I love their chicken and my husband loves their ribs. There are a few other Dinosaur restaurants around and we are lucky to have one in Rochester. It's the best place to eat in downtown.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I wanted to try this place as I heard about it from others. The place is a barn/pub type setting very rustic and dress code would be street casual to bum. I had a 20 min wait to be seated, however the waitress came quickly and served me very fast. I order the slow cooked ribs (house special) and the waitress sugested the beans as a side. The ribs were nice and toasty with a sweeet BarBque sauce on the out side but pink on the inside, I expected the meat to fall off the bone as they advertise slow cooked ribs, but this was no the case, the meat was chewy and I didn't like the fact the pork was pink, however, the beans were great. They have bottles of sauces on the table from ketchup to extra hot spicy sauce, but the meal was not that good, I wouldn't go back, price for one person 1/2 back of (6) ribs and 2 glasses of cheap red wine $28.60 + tip. I am sure the owner would rather have guests that drink lots of beer and don't care about the quality of the food, it's that kind of place.

1  Thank northknight3
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is a gem in an otherwise sparse landscape. The server was great. He was friendly, fast and helpful. The meal, Grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese were probably in the top 3 chicken dinners I have ever had.

My only complaint, there is not one closer to home.