“Yummy Thai food and great service!”
Review of The King & I

The King & I
Ranked #67 of 1,301 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here from recommendations of locals - everyone in Rochester knows this place. Food was hot, fresh and tasty. Big portions. Friendly service! Will definitely come back.

There are newer reviews for The King & I

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a fairly good meal here one evening. It was good but not spectacular. Seeing another writer's comments about the staff being mostly Chinese who staff it would explain why it was good but not really Thai since the employees are not themselves Thai.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The food here isn't bad for what it is, and the portion was large. But it's NOT authentic. Staff seems to be all Chinese, from conversations I could hear, and half the art on the wall is, too. As far as the food, Pad Thai varies widely from region to region in Thailand, but no cook would put ginger and garlic in Pad Thai! Or broccoli and yellow onions. The Mango Sticky Rice dessert was a fair attempt, as the flavor of the sticky rice was good. But they missed a crucial component: the sweet coconut sauce drizzled on top. Sorry, this place does not deserve it's high rating.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went for dinner with our daughter and son-in-law who live in Rochester and eat there frequently, and it was delicious. I had the pad thai, which they kindly made to order without fish sauce, hot and yummy and with tons of good-sized shrimp. More than I could eat. My daughter had the sesame tofu, also good. My husband had the ginger pork and son-in-law the spicy shredded pork. All the dishes came with a generous bowl of hot rice. My husband started with the coconut shrimp soup, full of fresh vegetables, the best thing of all! Even the egg rolls were exceptional and came with a sauce full of chopped peanuts. The service was quick and friendly. Yay for Thai food in Rochester!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I travel a lot including NYC. King & I is my favorite. Very consistent food, great service, and no waiting. While there are better in NYC, very hard to beat King and I outside of NYC