“The Place to go for Thai in Rochester”
Review of The King & I

The King & I
Ranked #66 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

A bit difficult to find for the uninitiated but worth the effort; very busy on week-end evenings - reservations not necessary but a good idea; service is fast; staff friendly and knowledgeable; food is consistently excellent and generous; parties of as many as 10 people are often seen; atmosphere is functional but it works.

There are newer reviews for The King & I

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had not been here for some time and since we were going to the movies nearby we knew we could get in and out very fast on an early Friday night. We have always been entertained by how fast they take your order and bring out the food - faster than most fast food restaurants. The service was even friendlier than we recalled and the food was quite good. The Thai Sesame Beef was juicy, tender and flavorful. The Phad Thai and fresh spring roles were tasty. Perhaps the best Thai restaurant in town.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Unbelievably good Thai food. we've been going here for 25 years and never been disappointed. Family owned and run. We love the crispy yellow noodles and green curry, although everything we've tried has been GREAT.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is my favorite place in the Rochester area for Thai food. I moved farther away from here in the last year, but I stop whenever I am in the area around dinner time.

The staff is friendly, service is quick and accurate, and they will make things to order regarding spiciness level.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I used to live in Rochester and always went to the King and I. I recently came back for a visit and stopped in King and I. The fresh spring rolls were tasty as was the Shrimp Phat Thai which was a very large helping. Service was very good as well.