“good food fun place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

good food, went with my wife and sis in law. both really enjoyed the food and environment. they got a bar/dancing floor on the top and the food is served in the basement. they have free valet parking

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I must admit this type of restaurant is not my favorite style but I did enjoy my visit. I went with some co-workers for dinner and we ordered the Tapas to share. I would have preferred to have such an intimate meal with family as opposed to co-workers, but they chose so I went along. The restaurant is actually in the lower level (basement) and is a very dark setting surrounded by benches w/ pillows. The upstairs is standing room only at the bar and serves mainly martinis, I didn't try any since I was driving, maybe next time. The food was good but not great, however, the tapas style makes it interesting because our group of three selected 6 dishes and I also ordered a side salad. It's a very relaxing atmosphere and I felt almost too relaxed given my co-worker company. I've ordered an entree in the past but I definitely preferred the Tapas style for a change of pace. I recommend you giving it a try if you haven't had the opportunity in the past. It might not be your style but I'm willing to bet that it will be memorable.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love this place! The food is great, the staff is fun and the bar is a blast! This is the best hangout in Rochester!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This restaurant is tucked in an unappetizing neighborhood with little street traffic and is easy to miss. Upstairs is a bar that was quite busy; we went right downstairs to the restaurant.

It's dark and noisy and the sheets serving as wall hangings do little to hide the rough-hewn nature of the basement. Nonetheless, the food was surprisingly good, with large portions for Tapas and an eclectic variety of tastes.

We let our server know that we were on a tight time schedule and the food arrived quickly. When the soup we ordered was not available, a substitute was provided gratis.

The sea food was perfectly cooked. Flavors in each dish blended well, but it was hard to figure out what would go with what. No bad choices in the 5 dishes we had.

1  Thank David N
Reviewed February 5, 2013

They do so many different dishes really well. My favorite tapas has to be the tuna napoleon with the paella being my favorite entree.
Perfect place for happy hour- especially on Friday free apps!