“Afternoon delight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mario's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Mario's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-590
Transit: RTS Bus #7, within 400 feet
Description: Experience a true taste of Italy tonight. Voted Rochester's best Italian Restaurant and Rochester's best brunch. At Mario's you are not just a customer, you are our special guest.
“Afternoon delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My son was having a wedding and baby reception. The time was 11:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
We had about 45 people come in from all over. We had a healthy choice buffet. The food
was absolutely delicious and everyone told me how nice everything was done.
We had my son come in from China, friends from California, Connecticut and Washington State.
I was born in Rochester, and so were my children. Many friends still live in Rochester, and
going to Mario's was a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2014

Volusia County, FL
“Great food...interesting place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a very good, suburban restaurant. While the address is Rochester, it is in the Brighton area...on a busy commercial road. Mario's was an excellent choice for our last dinner in NY. The place is large, nicely decorated. Despite the size and high ceilings, it was possible to have a dinner conversation with our friends. I think the 4 different entrees were well received and enjoyed. I must state that one person did not rave about the taste of the red sauce, but another bought 3 jars of their take-home sauce. Taste is taste. Servings were large and everyone took some away. Our friends will finish them as we left for FL the next day. On arrival, each table has a glass of 'fried angel hair pasta'...fried and salted. May sound weird, but we kept on munching. When our friend told the hostess that she liked it, the woman brought a complimentary can of the 'pretzelini'. Despite the early munching over wine, water and sparkling water, we shared an appetizer of 'grilled' calamari. Unique taste. Not rubbery. Good with a splash of lemon juice. Based on the recommendation of our friend's daughter, we each had a 'grilled' caesar salad. It is a wedge of romaine lettuce, grilled, with the usual caesar flavoring. We each finished half and took away the remainder. Entrees were chicken parm, pork tenderloin, spaghetti and meatball and gnocchi with shredded beef (very tasty, very tender). Service was thoughtful and excellent. Our friend said she had a special birthday celebration with family in a small, private room. If in the area, this IS a place to consider for an excellent dinner. I decided to say 'very good' for food (because of the 1 of 4 comment about sauce). Otherwise, I would say that this is 'a place to go'.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“SUNDAY BRUNCH is SUPERB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Took a group of 40 to a special celebration Sunday Brunch at the restaurant. The offerings at their Sunday Brunch could not possibly leave anyone without a multitude of options. We had two servers dedicated to our 4 tables of 10 and they did a superb job of clearing plates, providing drinks, and replenishing them as well. The management had made an error in booking that required us to change our predetermined arrival time and did not handle the matter as professionally as I would have liked but all in all great food and service and a meal that was outstanding and appreciated by all that attended.

Visited May 2014
Rochester, New York, United States
“great gluten free menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is my favorite place for a good gluten free meal. I don't feel deprived of gluten after leaving here. One of my favorites is the GF chicken french. The pasta they use is a great substitution. They also have a great brunch on Sundays. Just remember if you are going for mimosas to go after noon.

• Visited June 2014
Edgewater, Maryland
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

A group of 9 of us in town for business, they all were eager to try Mario's from the commercials. I used to live in Rochester so I was very familiar with Mario's, people love it or hate it. I have to give credit to the excellent service, very good wine list, and my bruschetta appetizer was delicious. My entree, Parmesan Encrusted Chilean Sea Bass over bean and greens could have been superb but for the insane (burning crazy insane) amount of added salt. My mouth was so over salted by the time I was halfway done I couldn't stand it any longer. It's the kind of thing that creeps up on you and by the time you realize what's happening you feel dumb sending it back. Everyone else seemed satisfied with their entrees, so I might go back or I might not, just OK.

Visited June 2014