“Yuck!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-590
Transit: RTS Bus #7, within 400 feet
Description: Experience a true taste of Italy tonight. Voted Rochester's best Italian Restaurant and Rochester's best brunch. At Mario's you are not just a customer, you are our special guest.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband & I ate here before & it was nice, so when we returned to Rochester we planned another visit. I will not be returning again.
It was only when we were half way through our meal & another couple who were seated next to us, did we realise what the specials were. Our waitress failed to even mention specials, to us. We ordered & shared a artisan 'cheese sticks'. The cheese was not melted or even soft in the middle . They were incredibly salty as was our whole meal.
I had the 'Jail Island Salmon'. It had very little flavour except for the SALT that smothered the whole plate. It was so overseasoned. The lobster tail was tiny, overcooked & rubbery.
My husband wanted his steak 'filet mignon' medium, but it too was overcooked & was medium well. The desert I had was a meringue nest, it was ok, nothing special.
I was soooo disappointed in our return to this establisment. I will never go back again.
Just to add that our waitress was overly attentive. She refilled our water glasses eleven times throught out the meal. Continuing to refill them even after we had asked here to leave them & telling her that we would fill them ourselves. We were also serenaged with ' Yourrrr Welccooommmmeeee' 38 times, throughout our meal which only lasted an hour & a half.
It has since become a running joke with my husband & I and we now draw it out to four seconds (just like our waitress did). It is easily the most memorable thing about our whole experience here.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

There is a tremendous variety at their Sunday brunch. All the food is very good and the omelet station is super.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Mario's has one of the best Sunday brunches I have ever been to. Always 3 meats at carving station, delicious pasta dishes and good dessert selections. Seating can be a bit tight depending on where you are seated, but not a big deal. We go as a party of 5 or 6 and everyone leaves more than satisfied.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to Mario's on May 25 on a spur of the moment outing. I saw that they had gluten free pasta and being a recently diagnosed celiac, was anxious to try it. I've always had fabulous meals at Mario's and so I was quite optimistic. I had penne with melted mozzarella, and it was the first meal out that I've had that felt like I was out to dinner. The great taste of their sauce, along with the Heartland brand of pasta was delicious. The only thing that was missing was some bread, and they told me that they are working on getting gluten free rolls/bread. Once they have that it will be a 5 circle rating!

Bill B, General Manager at Mario's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. You would be happy to hear that we now have Gluten Free Bread and now feature our popular Steak Crostini and Bruschetta appetizers as Gluten Free options!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

greeted and seated promptly, server was great, ordered the grilled calamari and it was amazing a must have , the best I have ever experienced. nice ambience, good wine selection, requested items not on the menu such as a antipasti dish and it was prepared to my liking. the only dish I was not completely satisfied with was the Gnocchi dish, it was bland and to saucy, will order different dish next time. can't wait to return , specifically for the grilled calamari !!!!