“Very Expensive”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-590
Transit: RTS Bus #7, within 400 feet
Description: Experience a true taste of Italy tonight. Voted Rochester's best Italian Restaurant and Rochester's best brunch. At Mario's you are not just a customer, you are our special guest.
Rochester, New York
“Very Expensive”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

There are a lot of great Italian restaurants and we have a lot of great Italian cooks in a circle of friends. This didn't shine as being worth all the extra money.

Hornell, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Italian and the Atmosphere-Manga!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We dined here for a family wedding dinner. If you've never been to Mario's- think- old world Italian meets fine dining. The atmosphere inside draws you in. We were seated in a nice private cove. A little too dark for my taste but cozy non the less. The staff treated us very well and the food melted in your mouth. Everyone around me had some sort of traditional pasta dish while I chose the duck. Since I am 100% Italian I had to try someone's dish- the sauce was very authentic and not made from a can- trust me on this one. Mario even sells his own sauce right in the restaurant. With enough to take home, we even made it to dessert. Fanciful dressings came out and we oohhh-ed and ahhh-ed. To make the night complete, there were two older Italian men that came around and serenated us with an accordian/guitar medley of old world songs & of course Volare-Then we were greeted by Mario himself. Was his family next- I wondered? But this was the end of our trip to Italy.

• Visited September 2012
Pittsford, New York, United States
“Memorable Christmas Eve!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Mario's hit a huge home run for me on Christmas Eve. My parents were visiting from out of town and after church, we decided to go their for their buffet along with another friend and his out of town guests. It meant a lot to my friend and I that this night was memorable. My expectations for buffets are pretty low but Mario's came through in a major way. The. Service was incredible even though it was very busy. The food was exceptional. They had a wonderful carving station, pasta station, raw seafood bar, all kids of salads and desserts etc. I do think they charged a little too much but in the end, it was a wonderful night that I am very grateful for.

Scottsville, New York
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just came from our first Sunday brunch at Mario's. Awesome!!! Can't wait to go back, the service was above and beyond, the food excellent!!

• Visited December 2012
rochester, ny
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Generous portions, courteous and prompt service, comfortable seating (benches and booths available). Surprised no Fettuccine Alfredo on the menu, but nice variety offered - not all expressly Italian food. Cannoli were excellent!

• Visited December 2012