“Love Venetos, but don't like new menu/pricing”

Veneto Woodfired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #160 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Veneto is a casual dining restaurant located in downtown Rochester's East End district. For 13 years, we've specialized in from-scratch, light Italian food in an old world atmosphere. Our atmosphere is upscale, yet casual. The kitchen is our centerpiece, as it should be, and set up so that you may watch your meals being prepared right in front of you. The exposed brick in our 150+ year old building and wood furniture provides a warmth and if that's not enough, the wood fired pizza oven reaches 600 degrees. We'd be honored if you would dine with us and let the food, service, and ambiance speak for itself.Our Signature offerings include wood-fired pizzas and hand-made pastas.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have been dining at Veneto for many years (when Tracy was the manager). I went there the other night and had a little bit of sticker shock. My husband has been ordering the pasta w/vodka sauce forever. The last 2 times he has ordered it, the sauce tasted different. This last experience there were chunks of garlic in the sauce. My real and only complaint is the $20.95 they charged for the pasta w/vodka sauce & chicken added. The menu has meals ranging from $18.95 for shrimp w/pasta and even $17.95 for chicken parm. I think their prices for pizza and everything else are fair, but since this meal is what brings us to Veneto I am sure this will be our final dining w/them. There are too many other restaurants that offer similar menu items at lower prices and more generous portions (Compagne, Fiamma, The Gatehouse, Tony D's, etc..). I certainly have no problem paying more $ for good food/service, but don't feel their prices/portions warrant my business.

2  Thank kalimarie

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Pleasantly surprised at the extensive menu and the attention to detail in the offerings.Wine selections were good and moderately priced. Hard to park but what else is new in this area. Am planning to return!

2  Thank franksatthelake
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Push beyond the outside of the building and go into Vento's. Was there for a work trip and met old friends who just moved to the city and hadn't been. We all enjoyed some good wine, great service and a full range of menu options. The specials were especially enticing. Great to have a gluten free option (pasta) as well!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We enjoyed a light dinner there last evening during the Jazz Fest, sitting at the food bar watching the activity in the open kitchen. The mushroom pizza was excellent and the spinach salad was fresh with nice crunchy and sweet/tart touches. The wine selection is above average, but perhaps a little overpriced. Service was prompt, professional and personable. Overall a nice bistro-style experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our friends asked us to join them at Venetos after they had dined there a couple of times. I had wanted to try it so this was a good excuse. I always had the feeling that it was crowded and hard to get a table. False. Yes, our reservations were at 5:30 on Friday evening but it was during the East End Festival and we had no problem getting a reservation. Three of us ordered pasta the fourth got a steak. We had salad and bruchetta as starters which were very good. I had the farfalle with vodka sauce and although the sauce was good it could have been a bit spicier for my taste. The service was very good and the restaurant filled up very fast. We sat in a window seat and were entertained by all the young people walking by to the East End music venues. We enjoyed our meal and would definitely go again.