“Dining with a view”

Veneto Woodfired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #147 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Veneto is a casual dining restaurant located in downtown Rochester's East End district. For 13 years, we've specialized in from-scratch, light Italian food in an old world atmosphere. Our atmosphere is upscale, yet casual. The kitchen is our centerpiece, as it should be, and set up so that you may watch your meals being prepared right in front of you. The exposed brick in our 150+ year old building and wood furniture provides a warmth and if that's not enough, the wood fired pizza oven reaches 600 degrees. We'd be honored if you would dine with us and let the food, service, and ambiance speak for itself.Our Signature offerings include wood-fired pizzas and hand-made pastas.
Rochester, New York
“Dining with a view”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our friends asked us to join them at Venetos after they had dined there a couple of times. I had wanted to try it so this was a good excuse. I always had the feeling that it was crowded and hard to get a table. False. Yes, our reservations were at 5:30 on Friday evening but it was during the East End Festival and we had no problem getting a reservation. Three of us ordered pasta the fourth got a steak. We had salad and bruchetta as starters which were very good. I had the farfalle with vodka sauce and although the sauce was good it could have been a bit spicier for my taste. The service was very good and the restaurant filled up very fast. We sat in a window seat and were entertained by all the young people walking by to the East End music venues. We enjoyed our meal and would definitely go again.

• Visited June 2014

Rochester, New York, United States
“Good pizza, passable everything else.”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great wood fired pizza. Passable everything else.

Good location downtown. Street parking which I can usually find nearby otherwise there's a paid parking lot right next to it. Outdoor seating which is a good plus when the weather is good.

The place isn't too big but I've never had difficulty finding seating even without a reservation. The kitchen area is right in front of the bar and you can see them make the pizza which is cool. The decor has an earthy/wooden feel which is nice.

I've been here a few times and tried a few things. I've discovered that all the pizzas are quite well done and taste delicious no matter which one you end up getting. The salads are hit or miss. I've had a delicious Greek salad but a very mediocre grilled chicken salad here as well. Same goes for the soups. You get the daily special soup and that's your only option. While the broccoli cheddar soup was just what my taste buds craved (though not as hot as I would have liked - temperature wise), the 12 bean soup was just okay. The Bruschetta is decent and I would order it again.

The servers have been very helpful and pleasant every time I've dined here. Prices are reasonable and I believe maybe a little cheaper than other wood fired pizza places. They offer gluten free pizza and pasta and allow substitutions which is a plus.

All in all a nice cozy place for a casual dinner with a nice atmosphere. Three stars because of plenty of room for improvement in most menu items other than the pizza. Will come again.

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Quiet, low-key pizza experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was traveling alone so it's a nice restaurant where easy to sit at the bar and enjoy your meal with a glass of wine. The pizza and salad very good, pastas looked worth trying.

Visited May 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Disappoints”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great Food. Friendly Service. Fair prices. We always enjoy our dining experience at Veneto's. It is one of our favorites.

Visited April 2014
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with friends prior to going to the Little Theater. Everyone enjoyed theirs meals. Two of us had the specials which were very good. The menu is a little limited but they always have three or four interesting specials.

Visited April 2014