“Date night on East Ave.”

Veneto Woodfired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #144 of 1,294 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Veneto is a casual dining restaurant located in downtown Rochester's East End district. For 13 years, we've specialized in from-scratch, light Italian food in an old world atmosphere. Our atmosphere is upscale, yet casual. The kitchen is our centerpiece, as it should be, and set up so that you may watch your meals being prepared right in front of you. The exposed brick in our 150+ year old building and wood furniture provides a warmth and if that's not enough, the wood fired pizza oven reaches 600 degrees. We'd be honored if you would dine with us and let the food, service, and ambiance speak for itself.Our Signature offerings include wood-fired pizzas and hand-made pastas.
Rochester, New York
“Date night on East Ave.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

11/3/12-First of all, know that we get exceptionally few date nights, having a 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl, just going out is a treat, period. That said, we LOVED Veneto.
I rarely eat meat, but Veneto has rib eye steaks from cows who formally lived on a free range, no antibiotic, no growth hormone farm in Kentucky. The steak was quite exceptional. The wine suggestions from the waitress were perfect. I had a Greg Norman Red, my wife had a organic Chardonnay. We were in food paradise. The mashed potatoes had something different in them, blue cheese perhaps. They were tasty and calorific!
This restaurant is walking distance from the Little Theatre, which is why we went here in the first place. Parking CAN suck, but we got there early and parked directly in front of the theatre.
Cons- the price is steep. This is to be expected at such a place (on East Ave.) but still, without appetizers, dessert, nor coffee afterwards, I think $80 was a bit much. ($90 with tip).
The real question: Would I go back? YES- it's hard to find organic steak in Rochester. This place was top notch, but I'd probably reserve it for a special occasion due to the high cost of food.

• Visited November 2012

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Wish this place was closer to my home- I think! :-)”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

LOVE this place! The décor is really well done, the service was EXCELLENT and the food was faultless! We were saying how we both were in the mood for Italian, since it was a Sunday and we had been at a rainy, chilly Bills game. They offer a Sunday special of your choice of pasta w/their “All Day Sunday Sauce” (I may not have that title exactly right, but that’s the gist of it.) or Bolognese sauce. We opted for the “All Day”, which came with two meatballs. My companion said the meatballs were second only to mine. (It would’ve been a long drive home if he admitted that they were better! Which, I think, they were!) I want my hot foods served to me HOT, and I was not disappointed! Steamy deliciousness! I also had the Veneto salad, which was the perfect size and blend of ingredients. The bread that was served was really yummy as well. We (somehow!) had the chocolate chip bread pudding for dessert; it was fabulous! As they serve much more than the what seems to be standard and to an Italian girl like me, stingy, 1/8 lb. of pasta per serving, you WILL be bringing home leftovers!

• Visited October 2012
Rochester
“great local place”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We love going to venetos for a simple pasta and pizza. The pasta (we have the vodka sauce and the mushroom normally) is terrific. Portions are large so we have lunch/diner for another day. Pizza is wood fired, thin crust. We tend to sit at the bar to watch the place. Service is very good. Waitresses tend to remember who you are and are very good at what they do. Excellent value and we tend to go there 6 - 8 times per year

Visited August 2012
Webster, New York
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food was delicious! In addition to the pizza and pasta there area also soup, salad and paninis along with a decent selection of wine. Everyone in our group of 6 loved their meal. Service was adequate, not great. Even though we were there on a Monday with almost no other diners in the restaurant, they refused to give us separate checks or even 2 checks for 3 people. Said the "system wouldn't allow it". Prior to going, I was concerned about the parking, but there were spaces in front, across the street and in a pay lot next door. Definitely worth a trip downtown.

• Visited September 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Great food, nice small restaurant”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We love italian food, so my husband found this place and we have the best pizza ever! Desert are great too.

Visited September 2012