“Wish this place was closer to my home- I think! :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Veneto Woodfired Pizza & Pasta

Veneto Woodfired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #103 of 1,228 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Veneto is a casual dining restaurant located in downtown Rochester's East End district. For 13 years, we've specialized in from-scratch, light Italian food in an old world atmosphere. Our atmosphere is upscale, yet casual. The kitchen is our centerpiece, as it should be, and set up so that you may watch your meals being prepared right in front of you. The exposed brick in our 150+ year old building and wood furniture provides a warmth and if that's not enough, the wood fired pizza oven reaches 600 degrees. We'd be honored if you would dine with us and let the food, service, and ambiance speak for itself.Our Signature offerings include wood-fired pizzas and hand-made pastas.
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Wish this place was closer to my home- I think! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

LOVE this place! The décor is really well done, the service was EXCELLENT and the food was faultless! We were saying how we both were in the mood for Italian, since it was a Sunday and we had been at a rainy, chilly Bills game. They offer a Sunday special of your choice of pasta w/their “All Day Sunday Sauce” (I may not have that title exactly right, but that’s the gist of it.) or Bolognese sauce. We opted for the “All Day”, which came with two meatballs. My companion said the meatballs were second only to mine. (It would’ve been a long drive home if he admitted that they were better! Which, I think, they were!) I want my hot foods served to me HOT, and I was not disappointed! Steamy deliciousness! I also had the Veneto salad, which was the perfect size and blend of ingredients. The bread that was served was really yummy as well. We (somehow!) had the chocolate chip bread pudding for dessert; it was fabulous! As they serve much more than the what seems to be standard and to an Italian girl like me, stingy, 1/8 lb. of pasta per serving, you WILL be bringing home leftovers!

• Visited October 2012

Rochester
“great local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We love going to venetos for a simple pasta and pizza. The pasta (we have the vodka sauce and the mushroom normally) is terrific. Portions are large so we have lunch/diner for another day. Pizza is wood fired, thin crust. We tend to sit at the bar to watch the place. Service is very good. Waitresses tend to remember who you are and are very good at what they do. Excellent value and we tend to go there 6 - 8 times per year

Visited August 2012
Webster, New York
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food was delicious! In addition to the pizza and pasta there area also soup, salad and paninis along with a decent selection of wine. Everyone in our group of 6 loved their meal. Service was adequate, not great. Even though we were there on a Monday with almost no other diners in the restaurant, they refused to give us separate checks or even 2 checks for 3 people. Said the "system wouldn't allow it". Prior to going, I was concerned about the parking, but there were spaces in front, across the street and in a pay lot next door. Definitely worth a trip downtown.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Burlington, Canada
“Great food, nice small restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We love italian food, so my husband found this place and we have the best pizza ever! Desert are great too.

Visited September 2012
Rochester, New York
“GREAT Dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

A must try! Veneto's on East Ave has a variety of pasta's, pizza's and made to order specials that are delicious. I have been there multiple times, and always try something different, and every time I am extremely pleased with my results. I would say if you are just visiting Rochester or a local, Veneto is a place to keep coming back to!

• Visited July 2012