“Nice atmosphere, good food, lots of beers”

The Penfield Pour House
Ranked #121 of 1,271 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Penfield Pour House is a local pub style sports bar with a new warm look and a home town feel. Our greatest asset from customer response is our genuinely friendly staff that ensures a memorable experience is had by all. A wonderfully unique menu sets us apart from the rest, with homemade recipes, locally grown produce, fresh grilled chicken wings and salads. Stop in and try our award winning white chicken chili! Daily lunch and dinner specials are available to view on our Facebook page. 31 Craft beers, featuring local brewerys, to tempt you while you catch your favorite game on one of our many huge high definition flat screen TVs in view at every angle. You won't miss any action! Our outdoor patio seats over 40 and is a must for summer air and sunshine - Stop down today! Cheers!!!
Rochester, New York
1,945 restaurant reviews
“Nice atmosphere, good food, lots of beers”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The last time I was in the building that now houses the Penfield Pour House, it was a fancier restaurant. This was my first visit to The Penfield Pour House, and I was mostly impressed by the place. It doubles as a restaurant and a bar, and is a bit more open and "well-windowed" than most local bars.

The staff inside the bar is friendly and appears well-organized. The bartender led me through the beer menu, which included a slate of 20-30 different beers on tap, which made for an impressive line-up of handles behind the bar. The bartender didn't even seem bothered that I opted for a diet soda instead. (They serve RC Cola instead of Coke or Pepsi, if that matters to you.) Many of the beers sounded very nice and unusual, although I drink very little of the stuff.

For my lunch, I ordered a "Cobalt Salad," which sounded at first a lot healthier than the Cobb Salad, which has loads of bacon, cheese and more in it. It turned out that the Cobalt Salad was basically a lighter version of the other' lots of greens and tomatoes with a ridge of chicken strips across the top. (Photo is below.) It was pretty good, although not exceptional. Once again, it was largely iceberg lettuce with some Romaine thrown in for good measure. I must admit that they brought it out to me at first with no dressing on it, although they corrected their own mistake and brought out some ranch-style dressing, which was OK, but once again not exceptional. Still, it was a decent salad with lots of chicken at a good price.

This was a good visit, and everyone in there was very friendly, including the patrons. I would return there, although I'd be more tempted to visit the bar for drinks than just for dinner.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Larry W

“The Grilled Chicken Wings were great......but.......”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It started out really good but went down hill pretty quickly.......we had their grilled chicken wings and they were very tasty. We ordered our meal and drinks then the service and the kitchen started to fall behind. One of our kids didn't get his meal till we were all finished with our meals. There was no attempt to fix this by comping the meal or free dessert.....something, nothing was done, just sorry, someone took your meal and served it to someone else. I had the Buffalo chicken salad and it was so spicy hot I couldn't eat it, plus the romaine lettuce was old and in areas rotten. I hadn't been to this restaurant in ages and it will be ages before I go back. Sorry!

• Visited December 2013
Rochester, NY
“Really Just Average”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Living nearby in Penfield we thought we would try out this newish brewpub in the valley. When we arrived for an early dinner we were surprised at how brightly lit it was especially in the bar area. We ate in the dining room which was pretty empty. The horseradish bacon burgers were good - one cooked as ordered the other overdone and a bit dry. The onion rings were good. The service was fine but it was odd how many servers were milling about. Overall there are much better sports bar/ restaurants in town.

• Visited November 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Decent Sports Bar”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

At our weekday lunch the place was quiet and the staff were friendly. There is a nice craft beer selection, with an emphasis on local brews. The sandwiches were tasty but the "cassoulet" promised as a side seemed more like a bean and sausage chowder with a brothy milk base.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ROCtraveler30
“Tiger Wings Rock!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After a football one night, stopped for a cocktail. The place was clean, relaxing and staff very helpful. The bartender ordered our snacks for us! A picher of beer and 10 wings. Tiger Wings... What a great job he did with our order... it was the special, 2 pitcher and 20 wings later, our group was hooked. The place is a gem, you could have a conversation with your group and not have to yell. Plenty of televisions to watch your favorite games. We will be back and we will bring our friends, this place used to be Crummers, but it is 1000 times better. Three thumbs up!!

• Visited September 2013