“Pizza, pasta & television”

Brick Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #503 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pittsford (town), New York
“Pizza, pasta & television”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I like the design your own pizza, where you can order from a large list of sauces & toppings. Our pizza meal came with a simple salad & fresh breadsticks. The large television creates a sports bar atmosphere, which is not my favorite, but is favored by lots of others.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank PatricePallone

“Delicious and unique pizza!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped in here on a date night as we were familiar with the location's previous business and were curious once we saw that it was a completely new place. My boyfriend and I ordered the cajun chicken wings which were just o.k., they left something to be desired. The complimentary salad, only being and iceberg lettuce mix, was actually delicious with their house made dressing! I ended up dipping the wings in the dressing, it was that good. My pizza was the best pizza I had ever had!!!! I think it was the San Fransisco pizza on wheat crust. The crust was perfectly thin but not too thin. The flavors of pesto, goat cheese, sun-dried tomato and shrimp were absolutely perfect together. My boyfriend had the macaroni and cheese pizza and said it was very good, too. During our meal, what I presume to be one of the owners stopped by our table to see how were were doing. We spoke for a minute with him and told him how we were really enjoying our pizza, he was genuine and we really appreciated him taking the time to get to know his guests and ensure they're enjoying their time. I would absolutely recommend this place, we'll be back soon (really want to take advantage of the outdoor seating) and maybe even get take-out too!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Gibbzee379
Rochester, New York
“Expensive pizza in a so-so atmosphere”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We decided to finally try this pizza place. From the outside it appears that it might be somewhat upscale - but once inside that illusion is no more. The place was dark, stale smelling and we waited for several minutes for someone to offer to seat us at a table. We were escorted to a table with mismatched chairs (a blend of wood chairs and chairs you might see in a banquet hall). The server took our drink order immediately which was nice. We decided to just order a pizza to see how that was. The server brought our draft beers and a small table salad for us to share. This seemed nice except that the plates were old looking and there was something floating in the salad dressing. The tables are sticky on-top and the servers wear black leggings and the look is not a good one - looks more like a fitness outfit than professional server attire. The pizza arrived not long after, the crust was good, toppings okay. The plastic spatula they offered had water dripping from the handle which was weird - seemed like water was trapped inside the handle and leaking out. Once finished with the pizza the server took a while to bring us our check so we could pay and leave. The big shocker though, for 2 beers and a large pizza we were $36.00 plus tip "lighter" than when we came in.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RochesterFoodie
Highland, Utah
“Great food, OK service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food was very good. The service was just OK. Took a while to be served and my glass was not kept full. For the price, I was expecting just a bit more.

Visited May 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“False advertising and a disappointing experience!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Seems like they've gone downhill.

When I got there, we were seated and given menus. When I opened the menu, I got excited when I saw "Please enjoy our complimentary Focaccia Bread and Family-style House Salad." Focaccia is my all time favorite bread so I was pretty excited! After we ordered, the waitress brought over the salad. Not only was it iceberg lettuce (which already cheapened the experience) but some of the lettuce was bad and already brown.

At this point I was already less than thrilled and was hoping the focaccia would make up for it. When I was finally able to flag down the waitress and asked about the bread, I was simply told "Sorry, we don't do that anymore." I then went online and checked their menu there as well. Both the in-restaurant printed menu and the online menu made the same claim about the free bread. Neither menu had any kind of "subject to change" disclaimer. Not only was I disappointed, but I felt deceived. A good number of the reviews I had read prior had even talked about how good the bread was.

If they stopped offering the bread even though they didn't update the menu yet, the waitress should have told us right when we sat down instead of waiting for us to ask about it, and then insincerely apologizing for it no longer being offered, like it's no big deal.

The pizza itself, while overall very good, had a crust that wasn't strong enough to support the sliced tomatoes on my particular pizza. I wouldn't have minded that much if not for the prior negative experiences.

The dinner menu claimed "DON'T FORGET DESSERT MADE LOCALLY BY 'THE VILLAGE BAKERY' RIGHT IN THE VILLAGE OF PITTSFORD. PLEASE ASK SERVER ABOUT OUR DESSERT TRAY." Unfortunately, when we asked about dessert, the waitress seemed to have no clue about what they had, and when she returned informed us that the only option was an Oreo Cheesecake. Not only was there no dessert "tray," but after looking up "The Village Bakery," I saw that they don't have Oreo Cheesecake on their menu, and after reading through their site and philosophy ("It’s not just what we use, it’s what we don’t.") I find it hard to believe that they would make any Oreo-based dessert.

Overall, my experience was pretty bad, and I left feeling deceived, disappointed, and by no means valued as a customer. Brick may have once been great, but in what would appear to be a bunch of cost cutting measures, they seem to have cheapened their experience and I'm sorry to say that unless some things change, I have no intention of returning to Brick.

• Visited May 2014