“Good Pizza, very nice service, excellent local beer list”

Brick Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #455 of 1,269 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
ROCHESTER NY
“Good Pizza, very nice service, excellent local beer list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner Saturday, place was crowded, we had reservations, seated immediately. Server very attentive, pleasant, helpful. We shared two single pizzas (White Delight and Mediterranean). Pizza was thin crust style, good! Nice fresh salad, very good focaccia bread with very good warm marinara. Service tempo was right. Our server was Chantal. Excellent effort to have local breweries products ( 3HB, Rohrbachs, Naked Dove, ...). Definite return!!

Visited September 2013

“Pizza good but extras sub par.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I purchased the White delight pizza, we felt it was slightly under seasoned. The salad and bread that came with the pizza were sub par, I would prefer to be charged a $2 more more and have a great salad and awesome bread sticks. This place has potential, I do prefer brick oven pizza so I would give them another shot in the future.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“Not bad but not great either.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wanted to try this place since it opened and finally had the chance. I was a bit confused by the inside as I thought it was a restaurant but it looks more like a bar that serves food.

The menu was way too hard to read in the dim lighting and had too much on it to offer as far as pizza's and pasta's go. They need to do away with the "create your own" concept and just offer several choices like they do at the Gate House(which by the way has amazing pizza).

We ordered two pizzas 1.) a create your own 2.) a Mediterranean. The waitress brought us a bowl of salad and some house bread sticks. Sauce for the sticks was bland tasting as well as was the bread, the salad was just your basic iceberg with a few tomatoes and croutons scattered about. Thank god the dressing was placed on the side but we had no spoon to use to be able to put it onto our salad once we placed it in our bowls (I guess we were supposed to dump in on).
Our pizzas arrived and tasted ok. not the greatest we've had. Maybe we came too early and the oven had not time to really heat up as my crust was kind of soft. My companion complained of the same thing about her crust.

All in all not a great meal experience especially for the price. Yes we had more than plenty to eat and brought home half but still all in all to pay $12.00 plus a pop for sub par pizza I know I will be going elsewhere if the mood strikes. I might come back and try one of the other items such as the burgers but definitely not for pizza. I guess if one comes here to drink then after a few cocktails or beers crappy pizza will taste good.

Rochester, New York
“keeps getting better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

On my third visit to Brick, I've decided to write a review. My first visit was JAN2013 which was about 2 months after opening. There were 5 of us in our party and we ordered, 4 different pizzas, and their two types of wings and the blackened wood-fired salmon. A family-style salad and breadsticks come with your orders- both great. At that visit, the pizzas were ok, the wood-fired wings were ok, the traditional wings were ok, but after two tries at making it correctly, they were unable to make the salmon blackened and done in the middle. The owner happened to be in that night and not only did he take it off our bill, he gave me a card for the same entrée free at a later date (see third visit)

We re-visited again in July2013, and the pizzas were perfect with crispy crusts and just the right amount of sauce and topping. However, I must say their Szechwan specialty pizza should NOT be missed. The toppings of chicken, shredded carrots, scallions, peppers, peanut with a Szechuan sauce drizzled over the top was one of the best pizzas flavor combinations that I've had in years. It's AWESOME!

Last night was our third visit and, they still had some spotty service issues on a very busy night. The salad and breadsticks came about 5 minutes before the appetizers and pizzas arrived together. The salad had some big chunks that needed a better chop in the kitchen, that I would attribute to a busy night, but still no excuse. However, I tried the blackened salmon again and it was great. It was blackened, done very nicely and tasty- but I'm still not sure it's worth the $20 price. Pizzas were all done to perfection as were the wings.

In all, this place got better with every visit. When they are busy, be sure to keep on top of your server for water and salad and be sure to ask for the appetizers to arrive before the pizza. This might be my new favorite wood fired pizza in Rochester.

Fairport, New York
“Nice atmosphere and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice place..we stopped in for a bite one afternoon. Food was good. not crowed that day so we were waited on promptly..
Give this place a try..
My only concern was that the wait staff needs to be a bit more bubbly. have fun with it. !