“Very busy but good food!”

Brick Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #300 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I ate here while staying at the hotel next door...otherwise I probably would not have eaten here as I usually do not eat pizza. But the food was great. They have a huge selection of pizza or you can make up your own combination. But they were very busy the night I was there and afraid that it would take forever to get my food...but I only had to wait about 10 minutes. With all orders they give a "free" salad so I had just enough time to eat that while I waited. If I am ever in Rocherster again and staying in the hotel next door I will return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We waited a few minutes for a table to be cleaned off. Our server was quick and attentive however never tried to up-sell us on desserts or alcoholic beverages. We ordered two pizzas. They were good but not great. You can find better pizza in Rochester.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant that indulges your culinary senses in every way. Their menu features a wide variety of REALLY GREAT pizzas, which are available in personal sizes or larger. They go way beyond the usual pepperoni or sausage standby toppings. For example, I LOVE their clams casino pizza, which features everything that you'd expect to receive in that tasty appetizer. They also have pizzas such as Szechuan Chicken, and macaroni & cheese... no kidding!

If you don't want pizza, they also offer a host of other entrees, including some really good pasta meals. My wife had a "make your own pasta" combo platter, which had portabella mushrooms and shrimp in a marinara sauce.

While you wait for your order, they bring you out a wonderful salad with a creamy parmesan/ranch dressing that is fabulous. They also bring out complimentary garlic bread with a marinara dipping sauce...great extra touches!

The dining room itself is reminiscent of a cozy restaurant/bar, with the wood fire blazing in the corner. Today, because it was warm outside, they opened the front window-doors, and were serving people at tables on their front porch.

This is a fabulous place to enjoy some great casual food. If you haven't dined here yet, I HIGHLY recommend it!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We didn't know what to expect, but was happy we stopped in. Started with wings made on the brick oven, had a salad, then the pizza came and it was great. Finished with some Red Velvet Cake (I think it is made at the Pittsford Bakery)! We will be back!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We ordered two pizzas:
1. BBQ Chicken Pizza
2. Clams casino Pizza

I think both pizzas were good, but if I was going to spend that same amount of money for a pizza I would venture to The Gate House or Tony D's for a pizza that would be a little more tasty. I will say this; however, that they do not have BBQ chicken pizza at The gate House, so if you are craving BBQ chicken pizza I'd recommend this place (Brick), or try Scotland Yard (Excellent BBQ chicken pizza there).