“It was a rip-off!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“It was a rip-off!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a disappointment! This place was empty on a Friday evening; that is sign! The food was mediocre, either plain, flavorless, salty or greasy with bacon wraps. You are not allowed to take your food home because the waitress said "According to NY State law, you are not allowed to take food home from a buffet restaurant." In that case, $45 for the meal was a waste and there is no where to find the "policy" stating that this is a buffet restaurant nor not allowing to let customers to take food home. The manager was impolite and nasty. I hope this place won't be open for a very long time for customers like me who feel being cheated.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank tigerinroc

“Date Night Gone Right”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our first time here. We went on a date night away from the kids so we could enjoy the food. We went on a Thurs night where we were greeted and sat right away with plenty of open seating. (we did make reservations). Our server was Som and he was awesome! We went to a Brazilian steakhouse in Aruba and Espada surpassed our expectations. The salad bar was phenominal with fresh fruit, different types of rices (I enjoyed the Brazilian rice), salad, antipasto, stuffed grape leaves, eggplant, different salads like pasta salad, fresh mozzerella with tomatoes, soup, and more! The meat was juicy and seasoned very well. There were some cuts like bottom roast that seemed a little dry but the hightlights were the filet, sirloin, and the grilled pineapple!!!!!! During the meat course they bring you mashed potatoes, grilled plantains, and cheese bread. I LOVED the potatoes. They also had a nice Jazz band playing in the corner by the bar which was very pleasant to listen to and added to the ambiance of Espada. It is not cheap at $45 a person but we felt like we definitly ate our share! We will definitly be returning!!

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
“Nice atmosphere, good food, a bit pricey”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We went to Espada on a Thursday night to celebrate my son's birthday. We arrived aound 6, and though we had reservations there were plenty of seats. The dining room is comfortable, and there was a live jazz trio playing nice music at the right volume. There is a bar but we went straight to our table. The waiter came over and we were immediately served a heavy, tasty cheesebread. At a Brazilian steakhouse you order the level of menu you'll be selecting - cheaper with less choices; more expensive with more choices. You are given an item - here a coaster type disc - which you flip to signal whether you want food brought to the table or you are not yet ready to be served. When you signal that you want food, waiters bring meats and other items around on long skewers, and slice off pieces. In addition, there is usually some type of buffet that contains salads and other foods. There is no a la carte menu, but there is a children's menu. At Espada, the salad bar had a nice selection of salads, roasted vegetables, antipasto, fruit and other items. The buffet also included a tasty squash soup, bread, cheese, and a few selections of rice and beans. Your table is also served unlimited fried plantains (delish!), mashed potatoes and cheese bread. I ordered the "green" menu - the salad bar and pineapple from the skewers. That was $20 and does not include drinks or desserts. My husband ordered the silver menu - many of the meats, chicken, pork, and that night's seafood. Maybe lamb too? Or that might have been the gold menu - check the website which lists the items available on each menu. The silver is only available certain nights - not Fridays or Saturdays - for $35. My son ordered the gold menu which included varios preparations of filet mignon and some other meats for $45. My husband and son loved the meats. I enjoyed the salad bar, which contained fresh and interesting salads and other foods. Loved the plantains and soup but for me, the vegetarian beans were way too salty, and I love salt. Maybe that's Brazilian style- not sure. Eat slowly and enjoy the food! Service was good, and if we wanted a particular meat at the table we could request it. For the amount and type of foods, the prices may not be bad, but given the range of prices for higher end restaurants in town, I thought it was a bit high. Also, I've been to less expensive Brazilian churrasco's before where the buffets included seafood and desserts. This does not. (Not that you'll go hungry!) All in all, a very enjoyable evening!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank jillles
Rochester, New York
“So much meat on a sword”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food here is great, even if it is a little pricey. My absolute fav is the pineapple. They must soak it in brown sugar or something. I could eat only that for the rest of my life.

Visited May 2013
“Meh night”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Dinner was under-seasoned and over-cooked!! Our waiter was slow. Drinks were well made,
However. Everything about this was blah. Don't waste your money.

• Visited September 2013