“Not impressed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Rochester
“Not impressed”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We decided to try out Banzai for lunch because we had a groupon (and we both love sushi). It looked promising because it is in an area on South Ave. that has been revamped over the last year or so. I ordered a mushroom dumplings because I love mushrooms and a South Wedge Roll. He ordered a Philly Roll and a Spider Roll. My dumplings were...meh. I really have nothing postive to say about them. My roll was mediocre but better than the dumplings. He said he liked his rolls but didn't rave about them. Positives: The decor is fun and colorful, the service was great, the location was easy to find, the menu had a good variety. Negative: It was almost as cold inside as it was outside (with the snow). It was really distracting and uncomfortable. We decided that we could possibly return at some point but only if we were in the neighborhood, we wouldn't go out of our way.

• Visited December 2012