“Very expensive!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rochester, New York
“Very expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Came there for breakfast. The place was dead. Wondered why until I saw the prices. For order of eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes was $9. Served French toast and never gave me any butter. I asked for some and brought me tiny packets. The server was nice. I hope they make it cause there are so many better restaurants in Rochester with better food and cheaper prices!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gem under the bridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stopped here for breakfast, wow, why haven't I stopped here before? It may be the location it sits right near the bridge getting on 390, the other side of the bridge where all the hotels and restaurants are. The problem is you usually hit another restaurant that you enjoy way before you get to the bridge (there are many restaurants in Henrietta). Well anyways, the place is Greek as you can tell, the ambiance is nice and the place shined inside, very clean. I had the gyro meat and eggs, which came with toast and home fries or hash browns. The food was above par, got to me hot and tasty. The wait staff (Dave), what overly helpful and pleasant, I notice a specials sign for dinner and asked if there were specials for breakfast, he said no. I commented on the Lamb shank on the dinner special board, I'm the only one in the family to eat it so I get it when I can. Dave said I can get that for you if you like right now. I humbly declined his offer but will keep that in mind. So I'm not 100% certain, but I feel they will get almost anything they make. I didn't have a single complaint, there was way more than enough food, it was delicious, it was hot and the service was superb. Would I go back? I'm going back.

Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Not for Breakfast-maybe other times-but not for breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The restaurant's attempt at breakfast is poor at best. I think from the revues they do a great job other times.
We tried it Sunday after church as a attempt to find a good restaurant spot for breakfast. Wrong move on our part. Should have know from the sparse parking lot.
The menu is very over priced and the food was ok at best. Pancakes were tough, omelets were over cooked. The Hash browns that came with the breakfast were way over spiced and not edible.
Very nice staff, but not attentive except from the owner who arrived about 15 minutes after we did. At that point we began to get coffee re-fils at appropriate times. The coffe was ok but no flavored creamers which is becoming the norm.
Generally our comments were- "Not coming here for breakfast again" Sorry!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cork, Ireland
“Clean,tasty and filling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Casually dropped by for lunch one day. We shared two appetizers... The three dip combo + Falafel balls. They were delicious and very filling. Good service and food at a reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013
Webster, New York
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having only ever ordered spanakopita at a Greek restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of very tempting entrees at Opa. Half our table of 6 had Grouper Alexander which was outstanding and the other half had Greek Island Chicken over pasta (one person substituted spinach for pasta) which they also loved. Portion sizes were quite large and most of us had a second meal out of our servings. Service was a little spotty. Our waitress came over several times before we were ready and then when we were ready, it took a while to track her down. After we finally ordered, service was ok. I will definitely go back!

• Visited May 2013