“Never again, sadly”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been going to Fiamma for over four years. The service has always been shaky but the food has been good so we always overlooked the bad service for that reason. Our family knows we used to enjoy Fiamma so our parents gave us a $100 gift card for our birthdays. We went to use the gift card today, again had questionable service but good food. When we went to pay they refused to take the gift card for THEIR restaurant. The waiter said they couldn't accept it because it was purchased at the other location of the SAME restaurant with the SAME owner, who we met and was there and witnessed all of this. The waiter knew us from precious visits and was made to tell us they were unable to do anything at all. We were shocked at how little they cared and we will never ever be back. Rochester is a small town and I have sent far too many people your way Fiamma. That will certainly end today.

3  Thank Holly H

Reviewed September 5, 2017

This was my third visit to this pizza mecca, and each time has been as good as the first. Their pizza is superb...very European (like I've had in Naples), and just plain delicious. I've sampled other dishes here as well, and they are all fantastic. This is my favorite pizzeria in the entire area.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

My wife, myself, my daughter, son in law, 6 year old grandaughter and 3 year old grandson invaded Fiamma for lunch on Saturday. We went early because of little children. My wife had the Pollo Capriccioso, the children shared a cheese pizza and some clams and noodle dish. Others had penne pasta with meatballs, Tubetini and one more that I have forgot. The kids loved their food which everyone knows is tough for little people. All meals were well prepared, delivered hot and perfectly spiced. This is our go to restaurant for Italian in Rochester. We enjoyed every minute of it.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

This restaurant came highly recommended. Cute, eclectic decor that you usually find in Rochester. However, the food was what I was expecting and it was terrible. This is the first time I ever thought I could cook the food better!

My chicken saltimboca was WET. Why? I don't know. It wasn't in a sauce, the chicken wasn't seasoned and had no flavor, the prosciutto was all dried up and hard, the presentation was terrible.

My husband got the wood fired grilled mediterranean pizza. How can you screw that up? It also came wet because the fresh mozz soaked into the crust and left it soggy. Not very appetizing. He ate half of it, asked for it to be boxed, only for the waitress to drop it on the floor. She comped him by giving him a free dessert, but it was not much of a comp. A long-frozen kind of dessert with freezer burn that was sitting there for a long time and not freshly made. Gross.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Authentic, cooked to perfection.
They really care if you're enjoying your meal.
Reasonable prices. great sauces.
A hidden gem for those willing to travel to the (GASP!) West side of the river.