“2 is enough”

Cuisines: Asian
Rochester, NY
“2 is enough”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visited this restaurant with 4 others and enjoyed our time. The owner and chef, Tommy Xomvimane, came over to our table and asked how we liked the food, spoke about where he came from in Laos and his experiences in Thailand.
There is not a liquor license yet so we brought our own wine and there was no corkage fee. We appreciated the chance to have a sauvignion blanc and chardonnay with our meal.

The food was good. We were offered spicyness on a scale from 1-4 and chose 2. We found it to be hotter than other Thai restaurants so beward of saying 3 and espcially 4 unless you are very comfortable with what you might be served in Laos and Thailad. There were soup, salad, curry wth rice and noodle dishes.

Many of the dishes were gluten free and the staff was very helpful accomodating our needs. There were vegetarian dishes as well.

We enjoyed our time there and will certainly return. I think the food was a bit more "native" than the other Thai restaurants that cater more to the western palatte.

• Visited March 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Yummy!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went there today for lunch and were very pleased with the food and the service. We had the Kao-Phoon and the Grilled Pork with Papaya Salad. They were all excellent. You can tell them how spicy you want things, and if you have tender taste buds go with the mildest. We ordered one at 3 out of 4 and it was as much as I wanted, or a bit more, and I like things spicy ( we always order the really hot chicken wings as a benchmark).

Our one complaint was how cold it was inside. It probably warms up later, and for a while we were the only customers so there weren't lots of bodies to heat things up.

We definitely plan to go back but will bring an extra sweater.

• Visited January 2013
NY
“Didn't regret eating there, but might not make the short list.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food wasn't bad, it was a bit spicier than I expected, but I can live with that. I ordered the Phat Thai and my friend ordered the pork. We both finished our dishes and had the same impression. It was good, not great. When the bill came, it was more expensive than we expected it to be. Also, the inside dining area was pretty cold and everyone had their jacket on.

Overall, SEA or Whatta-Banh Mi are better choices for lunch (price and taste wise).

• Visited January 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Disappointing Food - Poor Service”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We really wanted to like this place as we are fans of all Asian foods, and Laotian food is pretty hard to find these days. But the 45 minute wait for our apps and over an hour for our mains cooled our passion. Servers didn't seem to know what they were doing - giving our spring rolls to folks at another table that had only ordered a few minutes earlier while we had been waiting for 40 minutes for ours. Later food was coming out of the kitchen, paraded around the dining room by the servers, and then returned to the kitchen without ever being delivered to any table. My wife's "special pork" was dry, overcooked and lacking flavor. My curry had some flavor but was watery and devoid of all but a couple tiny pieces of veg and chicken. The stickey rice was very good however. With so many other good Asian options in Rochester we will not be back.

• Visited October 2012
New York
“authentic thai laos dishes”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came here 6x in less than 3 mos and I love this restaurant. It's very authentic and my favorites are the noodles with cornish hen, pad thai, papaya salad and fresh spring rolls. I was a little disappointed the last time I was here because the food were not served steaming hot. They were served at room temp which is not good. Asian food has to be served hot to be delicious.

• Visited October 2012