“Better fix your service issues”
Review of Trata

Trata
Ranked #21 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

WoW, what a gorgeous, energizing, Rochester place! My food was fantastic; beautifully presented, hot, delicious. Skimpy wine pour. I have no clue about dessert because we were never offered any. Or coffee. Or a second glass of wine. When I finally caught our waitress (about 15 minutes after I decided I would like another glass) my companion had by then decided that she would not, after all, have one. When said server flew by and dropped off mine, she scooped up my empty glass but not my companions. After another ten minutes, our server plopped our bill down (face up on a clip board) and said "have a good night". OK, well, we can always go to one of the nice little places nearby for dessert and coffee or a cordial, I guess.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The building which is an adaptive reuse of a space in the old armory is really impressive. It has kind of an open layout with 3 levels of dining over looking an open atriuml. The space is really awesome. Food was tasty too. Price was not bad for a highend dinner and atmosphere. You could also go and just order a burger or chicken fingers for less. Beer menu was extensive and they had lots of specialty cocktails as well.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had also heard mixed reviews so we were pleasantly surprised by our experience. As others have noted this is a great space unlike anything else in Rochester. I spied the outdoor deck and I cannot wait for the warmer weather. Everyone was very pleased with the entrees they ordered: the short ribs were succulent and flavorful, the burger was very good, the Thai coconut shrimp excellent, as was their version of the fish fry. The prices are reasonable for an upscale spot like this unless you start to add on the sides which are overpriced (the onion rings are not worth the $6). The service was very good.

One thing we were very specific about when making our reservation was where we wanted to sit since we knew the layout from a previous visit for drinks. We had heard from friends who had been placed in front of the kitchen doors which ruined their experience. Overall I highly recommend TRATA - now let's hope it doesn't burn out given its hot start....

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have had lunch and dinner in the dining room and at the bar. I love the modern/hip atmosphere with the multiple levels and balcony. There is even a sitting area on the second level. Every time, the service has been friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. The menu and the wine list are interesting and the food is well prepared. For the quality of the food, I believe the prices are quite reasonable. And, if you are eating alone, the service is very quick. We have arrived without a reservation when the restaurant has been crowded and they have always been able to seat us immediately. I can't wait for the spring and summer because Trata has a rooftop deck with its own bar. The restaurant is very well located (on Culver between East Avenue and Monroe). This has become my restaurant of choice for a quick, nice lunch.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were looking forward to going to Trate heard it was trendy!
The atmosphere and the bar was great loved it!! It was packed the night we were there..the table for dinner was nice too, the service was excellent....the food however was mediocre at best. We ordered turkey cutlets it was literally turkey breasts with gravy on top....I was not a fan or the food or dessert at all.
The atmospher great!! The bar good....drinks ok....