“One of the best”
Review of Flight Wine Bar

Flight Wine Bar
Ranked #159 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Description: Voted top 10 Wine Bars in America by Travel and Leisure Magazine. Rochester's Premier Wine Bar with over 40 glass pours on our Wine Preservation System. We offer small plates for Artisan Cheese, Charcuterie, Truffles and more to pair perfectly with your wine.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

After having a great dinner at Tap & Table next door, we decided to give Flight a try after hearing great things about it. We were not disappointed. It's a very small place with half a dozen tables and maybe 8 bar stools. Our bartender was outstanding and made for a memorable experience between conversation, education and assistance. They have a pretty good list of wines that vary by region which is nice to see. Ended up getting a bottle of sparkling wine followed by playing "wheel of wine" with the bartender which was really fun. The atmosphere inside is elegant, cozy and quiet, perfect for a night time glass of wine. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my second visit to the Flight Wine Bar. It was my girlfriends desire to kick off her evening of birthday celebration by going to the Flight Wine Bar and sampling some wines and cheeses. We had been there once before to meet another couple and at that time we had a delightful evening.

When we arrived the place was packed except for a table for four in the room adjacent to the bar. the bartender, a young lady, said there was a table for two but it was right next to the door. Now when I say right next to the door, I mean right next to the door. It was a cold evening in the teens for temperature and I was not about to sit right next to the door. So we graciously declined the offer.

I inquired about the table for four in the room adjacent to the bar and I was told "that's a table for four". I took the comment to mean too bad, but no matter how much you're going to spend here a table for four is a table for four. So there we stood at the end of the bar wondering what to do next.

In the adjacent room was a sitting area with couches and chairs. a large party of thirty somethings was beginning to leave. When I say beginning to leave I mean like this was a bunch of young people who were going to make this the longest exit possible for two 62+ year old people to wait for a chair. But we were patient and smiled a lot and finally worked our way over to sit down on a couch trying to make the smallest footprint as possible since we were only a party of two.

Right at this time a most delightful young waitress asked us why don't we sit at the table for four? Good question!?! The young bartender reminded the waitress "they are only a party of two!" Finally the hand of gawd must have touched the bartender and she said "aw go ahead and take the table!" And we did!

From this point on our evening was delightful. Our server was the best! She explained so much to make our evening enjoyable and delicious. She was ever attentive and just a joy to have waiting on us.

As our time at the Flight Wine Bar was drawing to a close I could not help but feel that the Bartender was probably just doing her job as best she knew how. But the same thought occured to me that even if we were two people and not four we could very well have been patrons who were going to spend a considerable amount of money in this establishment regards of our numbers. And on top of this we could be repeat business. We deserved to have been treated just a little better.

Will we go back? Jury is still out on that one.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wonderful and many different types of wine for tasting. They will do custom flights if you ask. Fabulous cheeses,meats,olives, etc