“Outstanding meal and service”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I decided to try a new restaurant for a date night and chose Tony D's based on recommendations from friends. We quickly realized why so many people recommend this restaurant. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive, making great recommendations for appetizers and meals. We shared an appetizer order of arancini (risotto fritters stuffed with prosciutto, pine nuts & mozzarella), and it was delicious. My wife ordered the "Sunday sauce" and got a mountain of pasta with sauce that would have made my grandmother proud - thick, full of flavor, and with huge pieces of meat complementing the meatball and sausage it came with. I ordered the braciole with red sauce, and it was amazing....it's such a pain to make at home, so it was a rare treat and was delicious. For dessert, we split some flourless chocolate cake, and even though I don't usually do dessert, this was so good that I helped finish the whole piece. We were so impressed with the service and the incredible food that my wife and I plan to visit again ASAP.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Tony D Experience always begins with a warm welcome, no matter if it is February or July. The atmosphere is truly light and friendly and the sound of people having fun is ever present.

Sit as close to the Genesee River as possible and trust your waitperson to give you tips on the best meal for your needs and your appetite. Trust them., They are very good and so very helpful and efficient.

Tony D's is always experimenting with new things and yet its base of rock-solid entrees are among the best around. Sunday Sauce is always a treat and the signature meatballs are truly worthy of a photo experience.

Relax and enjoy yourself and plan on jogging when you get home. Better yet, ask for your leftovers boxed and you will have meals for two more days.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

What a fabulous meal we had at Tony D's. We have some incredible appetizers (wings, greens and beans baby) and the specials. Steak & Salmon. The steak was incredible. Being from the Midwest and having lots of steak all over the world. Tony D's delivered!!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Best sea bass ever! Plus excellent pizza, with endless combinations of toppings, and terrific salads. If you like roasted veggies and blue cheese don't miss that salad. Nice desserts offered too.
Attractive bar and dining ares, great view of the river with outdoor tables in the summer.
Service was prompt and friendly; we were seated in 45 minutes which is what was accurately predicted.
The large room is loud from people's voices - not great for intimate conversation. Aside from the noise I would give it a "close to perfect" endorsement.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Everything here is great from the wings to the pizza! Staff is amazing & they make you feel like family. We had them cater our wedding we love it so much. A must go to place!