“This place energy!”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my visit and meal at Tony D's. Their menu is unique for a "pizza place" much better than you expect. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that is looking for a fun place to go in downtown Rochester.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was delicious. We sat outside (closed in seating with open windows). The view of the river is lovely.

Four of us shared some appetizers, a margherita pizza, a salad and an eggplant panini.

The meatballs in the appetizer are delicious and huge. The order comes with two and we cut them in half. The shrimp scampi special was incredible with about 8 large shrimp in a 'to die for' sauce. Great for dipping with the bread that was brought to the table.

The pizza was crisp with just the right amount of sauce and cheese. Basil gave it a nice authentic flavor. The house salad was large enough to share and the panini ended up going home in a box because we were all stuffed!

This was our second visit and we will go back again and again!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Food here is excellent. Nice atmosphere on the river overlooking downtown. Best pizza in rochester, but the rest of the food is great too. They have some Italian restaurant type options and different specials. The meatballs, and the calamari (with banana peppers and Parmesan are amazing! My only complaint, which is a big one for me is there weak beer menu. Maybe 1 craft beer choice, and lots of boring big brewery beers. Get with the times!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The menu focuses on their pizza and paninis. They have a couple of other entrees, but you go for the pizza. They have daily specials and we were lucky enough to be there for the fired calamari appetizer. I am a calamari snob and they did it just right, perfectly cooked and not too much breading. The serving was big enough for 3 of us. I ordered the small salad and that was big enough for 2. We had the pizza with the meatball and it was delicious.
Just one caution, if you decide to order an entree from one of their specials make sure you ask the price. My daughter got the shrimps and clams risotto which was delicious, with lost of jumbo shrimps but a little steep ($29) for the dish. I would stick with the pizza and maybe an app and/or salad. I am rating the value based on that. Definitely a place I will go to again and again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had my sons birthday . We started with arancini.,risotto fried balls. Wow so delicious.
We then had a variety of entrees. I had the chicken milanaise which can definitely shared, very tasty but a little to much salad. My husband had the mussels which were very good and plentiful..
A pasta special meatball and sausage were nice a spicy.
They served a cannoli for birthday.
The only drawback is the noise. If you want a place to talk don't go here.