“Good food but noisy”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“Good food but noisy”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Tony D's has the best restaurant location in Rochester--in Corn Hill, right on the Genesee River. The food is very good, and the service is outstanding. Two problems--no reservations except for groups of six or more, and really noisy inside. In fact, the noise level was so loud--both diners' voices and music--that we literally couldn't hear each other across the table. (There are a few tables outside in the back, overlooking the river, and I assume things are quieter there.)

Some restaurant owners think a high level of ambient noise makes their place seem cutting edge and trendy. However, after a few "I can't hear you" comments, we decided to just eat and leave. So, if food
and service are important, this is the place. If conversation is important, this isn't the place.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Herman M

Rochester, NY
“Nice Place!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stopped at Tony D's for a drink and appetizer after the show. I rated it "very good" because we only sat in the bar area and did not have a full meal. The service was prompt and the Arancini was delicious. I would definitely go back and try their dinner menu.

Visited May 2013
Maryland
“Great Lunch Option”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went to Rochester recently for a business meeting. I read about Tony Ds from other reviews here on tripadvisor. We arrived for lunch around 12:30pm. The place was already crowded but we were seated right away (party of 3). It took about 20 minutes before our pizzas arrived so I would caution if you are looking for a quick bite this might not be the place. This also is not a place for intimate conversation, its very loud. But the pizza was well worth the wait! I could only imagine how great this place would be in the summer when you go enjoy eating outside.

• Visited April 2013
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Ouch!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I will start out on a slightly positive note regarding this restaurant and move on to my recent experience.

I've been here multiple times. The pizza is tasty and the meatballs are my favorite part of the menu. If you sit outside the view is excellent; inside it can be a little loud. The service is always friendly and overall my experiences here have been great.

Last night the waitress went over the specials and one of the items was 'Zuppa Di Pesce' (seafood soup). We all thought it was one of the soup specials and luckily only my brother ordered it. He ordered the soup with a personal pizza thinking the soup was just a small side, well, he was wrong. The soup was pretty large and it was a meal all on its own. Now, the soup was tasty and I can't say a negative thing about it.

The part that was surprising was the bill.

That soup was 37USD. The most expensive item on the menu is 17USD. We didn't complain, my brother enjoyed his soup and we did not want the money back. My feedback is solely based on the lack of warning from the waitress when she noticed that he ordered two entrees, and that one of them was twice the price of your most expensive item on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nestor E
NYS
“Go there, enjoy”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been there many times, and never disappointed. Bar, dinning room and kitchen staff are among the best in town. If you are alone or with a date, a seat at the chef's table is well worth it, it is total sensory immersion. I hesitate recommending any one item over another, you can't go wrong with any item on their menu.

Visited March 2013