“Go there, enjoy”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
NYS
“Go there, enjoy”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been there many times, and never disappointed. Bar, dinning room and kitchen staff are among the best in town. If you are alone or with a date, a seat at the chef's table is well worth it, it is total sensory immersion. I hesitate recommending any one item over another, you can't go wrong with any item on their menu.

Visited March 2013

Norton Shores, Michigan
“Pizza was one of a kind!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

That pizza totally lived up to my expectations per other Trip Advisor folks like yourself that went recently. I had my own pizza done with whole kalamata lives, goat cheese, pepperoni and mushroom. They also had a great selection of beers, but none on tap. I sat at the bar and had great service and conversation. And you know if that joint is full of Italians, that it is good! And that it was. I will be back one day.

Visited April 2013
Rochester, New York
“Good atmosphere, Very loud”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went with a friend to grab a bite to eat. The atmosphere was ok- a little smoky from the open kitchen. It was very loud and the seating was cramped. I couldn't hear our own conversation.
Food was good though! We had dirty glasses at our table- the waitress was very nice and immediately brought back clean ones. Service was good too!

• Visited November 2012
Rochester, NY
“Some of the best pizza in Rochester”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have eaten here about 4 times and each time I have a great experience. The food is consistently excellent. We always get a pizza and something else to share since the pizzas are amazing. We sat at the "chefs table" once, basically at the counter in front of the kitchen, where the chef is cooking. It was very fun and lively talking to the chef throughout the night. I wanted something on the menu that had just sold out so he said he would make something special. It was one of the best meals I had in a long time with a piece of fish I had never had before. We had lots of fun that night. The only negative, in my opinion, is that it is generally a very loud place and you are often yelling to talk to be heard, especially on a weekend night, so if that doesn't bother you, then no problem. Parking can also be challenging but there is valet if need be. The wait can be long depending on the night and while the bar and waiting area is on the smaller side, it is still comfortable. Being from the NYC area now living in Rochester, this is the kind of venue Rochester needed.

• Visited March 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'd go back.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Came on a family trip to Rochester and went to dinner here. The view from our seats was great, overlooking the Genesee River. Our food came quickly and was very good. Excellent pizza for sure. The atmosphere is probably the best quality. Very warm, dark, and cozy, with the fireplace in view to watch.
While we had no issues with our kids, it didn't feel like the most welcoming family restaurant. Not that there was anything negative, just that we were the only family in there, and it felt a bit out of place (it was only 7:00PM). Our service was quick enough, but a bit disinterested.
Overall though, we would go back and recommend to friends.

• Visited March 2013